Anti-wrinkle creams are increasingly sought after by both women and men. Indeed, with increasing age, the skin ages and wrinkles appear on our face. It can be annoying sometimes and we would all like to find a better, smoother and more tender face like that of our 20 years. Fortunately, anti-wrinkle creams are entering the beauty industry and now help fight this problem at the first sign. Discover without further delay the best anti-wrinkle creams according to dermatologists.
5 Best anti-wrinkle creams of 2021
Lavera Basis Sensitiv Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizing Cream (50 ml)
Based on moisturizing aloe vera and antioxidant Q10, this day cream effectively reduces wrinkles while unifying the skin for a guaranteed healthy glow. In addition, its composition is clean and organic.
With formulated active ingredients Q10, a coenzyme renowned for its antioxidant, energizing and regenerating properties, jojoba oil and aloe vera, this day cream hydrates the skin while effectively reducing wrinkles and revitalizing the complexion. Its light texture and fragrance are pleasant, and its organic composition is really clean. In addition, its price remains affordable. It comes in a small jar.
Marilou Bio Anti-Wrinkle Face Cream (30 ml)
Ideal for dry and sensitive skin thanks to the soothing virtues of orange blossom, it smoothes and firms the face while moisturizing it. Made in France and certified organic, it can be applied morning and evening.
Renowned in the world of French organic cosmetics, Marilou offers a cream to apply morning and evening that is suitable even for the most sensitive skin thanks to the soothing virtues of orange blossom water. Nourishing and softening, it smooths and firms the skin while leaving it a light scent veil. Its low price is a real advantage. However, it seems to appeal to oily skin a little less with its thick texture.
Wild Rose Smoothing Day Cream (30 ml)
Ideal for dry skin as soon as the first wrinkles appear, it moisturizes, smoothes and soothes the skin. Formulated with organic rosehip seed oil, it has to regenerate properties.
It is above all dry skin that will benefit from the rich and hydrating texture of this rosehip cream, renowned for its regenerative properties. Rich in fatty acids, it preserves the vitality and elasticity of the skin from the appearance of the first wrinkles while illuminating the complexion for a radiant healthy glow. Nature certified, it has a very good composition.
Avril Anti-aging Cream (50 ml)
Particularly indicated for more mature skin, it seduces with its moisturizing and antioxidant effects. It protects, nourishes and smoothes the skin of the face for a result that is very soft to the touch – and is also organic.
Formulated to meet the needs of more mature skin, it offers a rather complete facial treatment in that it hydrates, tones and promotes the elasticity of the skin. Made in France and certified organic by Ecocert, it seduces not only by its texture and its soft and smoothing effects but also by its low price and its top composition.
Sanoflore Wonderful Cream (40 ml)
Its formula based on essential oils helps to smooth and firm the skin to ensure a “soft” and radiant complexion. Its light texture and natural fragrance are pleasant, and it is also certified organic.
Light and ideal to apply in the morning, it is formulated from essential oils of pelargonium and organic lemon balm, which provide a smoothing and blurring effect on the marks of age while bringing radiance to the complexion. Certified organic, it carries a very popular sweet fragrance and attractive packaging. However, it was the presence of the controversial salicylic acid in its composition that prompted us to place it as an alternative.
How to choose your anti-wrinkle cream?
If there is one truth that our mirror can send back to us – sometimes suddenly – it is that the marks of age tend to settle too quickly on our face! More and more women and men are therefore including an anti-wrinkle treatment in their daily beauty ritual, often replacing their simple day cream . However, the gap between the miraculous promises of brands and their marketing campaigns and the effects actually observed when using the products is often significant.
Fortunately, even if rejuvenation is of course impossible, there are products that can fade or reduce wrinkles, fine lines and other signs of maturity. Here are some tips that should guide you in your choice.
First, you will need to choose a product that really meets your skin’s needs:
- Anti-wrinkle cream or anti-aging cream? Although they are two strongly similar products, their main difference is obvious. While the anti-wrinkle cream acts more precisely on the wrinkles and fine lines already present by smoothing them, the anti-aging treatment has a more complete effect and fights against many more signs of aging, such as loss of firmness and elasticity of the skin, pigment spots, lack of radiance and, of course, the appearance of wrinkles.
- Cream or serum? A good serum is much more concentrated in active ingredients than a cream. Fluid and light, it penetrates very easily into the skin but is sometimes more difficult to apply due to its very fine consistency. Some specialists advise adding a few drops directly to a moisturizer – and of course nothing prevents you from combining their use. Don’t hesitate to take a look at our selection of the best anti-aging serums.
- Skin type : it is of course necessary to adapt your anti-wrinkle treatment to your skin type and its sensitivities. Fortunately, there is a wide variety of products to suit everyone’s needs. These needs also vary depending on your age. According to many dermatologists, it would be ideal to opt for an anti-aging treatment from your thirties. But note that, generally speaking, hydration is at the center of the solution!
Knowing this, it can be interesting to know the virtues of anti-aging active ingredients, of which here are the most frequent and recognized:
- Hyaluronic acid: it is a component naturally present in our body capable of storing hydration. In cosmetics, it is found in the form of sodium hyaluronate, a smaller particle that penetrates the skin better. It has a smoothing and plumping effect, and effectively fills in wrinkles for a homogeneous and naturally softer finish.
- Argan oil: very common in cosmetics, it is renowned for its calming and soothing properties, as well as for its action against aging of the skin thanks to its antioxidant and regenerating properties. In addition, it effectively hydrates the skin.
- Peptides: these chains of amino acids boost the production of collagen, which tends to decrease with age. The skin is then firmer, and its elasticity reinforced: the appearance of wrinkles is slowed down.
- Retinol: if it had lost popularity because of its sometimes too irritating consequences on sensitive and dry skin, it is again more and more present in the composition of anti-aging care, normally in a new improved formulation. gentle. It works on many levels: it effectively reduces fine lines, acts against pigment spots, and stimulates collagen production.
- Vitamin C: powerful antioxidant, it protects the skin by neutralizing free radicals from UV rays, for example. It also stimulates the production of collagen, while regulating that of melanin, thus fighting against pigment spots. It revives the radiance of the complexion and unifies it. The vitamin E also has a rich antioxidant and thus prevents aging.
Of course, a healthy lifestyle is often essential to preserve the appearance of your skin. Certain reflexes and treatments, such as the application of a sunscreen , a serum , a face mask , a scrub or simply a suitable moisturizer are also often recommended.
During our research, we attached particular importance to their composition: it is for this reason that you will find many certified organic products in our comparison. These, in addition to bringing much healthier and harmless ingredients, shine more and more by their effectiveness compared to conventional cosmetics!
You can also resort to manual treatments to boost your facial skin, as Lisa Eldridge explains with her anti-aging facial massage routine! In addition, some facial cleansing brushes equipped with specific heads with anti-wrinkle action can be a good alternative (or a good complement) to creams.