A beauty secret that has spanned thousands of years, castor oil is still relatively unknown today. However, it is considered to be a miracle cure for the treatment of dry hair and scalp. It is attributed to many virtues for the skin as well as the ability to accelerate the growth of hair and body hair (it can be used on eyelashes). In this review, we’re going to tell you everything there is to know about castor oil, its health benefits, and where it comes from. You will also find here our presentation of the products voted best of the year by user reviews and tests.
Our choice best castor oil
Faced with the multitude of offers on the market, you don’t always know where to buy new castor oil. Indeed, even if you know how to choose one, you will still have a lot of products to compare. To make it easier for you, here are some products that might interest you. Follow our advice.
Premium Nature Pure Castor Oil
Premium Nature Castor Oil is a fabulous product. You can use it to hydrate your skin as well as to grow your hair. Not only is this castor oil versatile, but it is also 100% natural.
Premium Nature’s Castor Oil is particularly effective as castor oil for the hair. Indeed, this product is rich in omega fatty acids and has strong moisturizing power.
It is also for this reason that it is well suited for the skin. If you are looking for the best performing castor oil on the market, this is the one for you.
Castor oil is contained in a small 473 ml bottle. By choosing to buy this product, you will have enough oil for quite a while. It’s best to buy a bottle rather than a flask if you don’t go shopping often.
- Versatile: Premium Nature Castor Oil is suitable for hair, eyelashes, and skin. If you are looking for a versatile product, this castor oil for beard is for you.
100% natural: Premium Nature Castor Oil is fully organic certified. Thus, it does not risk causing allergic reactions.
- Difficult to clean: When you apply castor oil to your hair or skin, it is not easy to wash off afterwards.
Not easy to apply: When you pour oil on your hands before applying it, be careful not to lose any.
ecla SKINCARE Organic cold-pressed castor oil
ecla SKINCARE is a Canadian-made product. If you are wondering which is the best castor oil on the market, this offer will not leave you indifferent.
SKINCARE ecla castor oil is a fully organic compound. Its extraction was carried out cold, and the product is certified hexane-free. This very high quality oil is also very pure, and you can use it without fear.
SKINCARE ecla castor oil is very effective in nourishing hair and accelerating hair growth. It is also suitable as castor oil for eyelashes or for the beard. Both men and women can use this product.
What sets this offer apart from other items on the market is that you receive an e-book for free. It would be a shame not to take advantage of such an offer considering the price at which castor oil is being donated.
- Nourishing effect: SKINCARE ecla castor oil is an extraordinary product. If you apply it to your hair, eyelashes or beard, you will notice the effects quite quickly.
The quality: The bottle offered to you here is a top-quality product. It is a pure, all-natural, Canadian-made castor oil.
- The amount: What is a shame about this article is the small amount of castor oil available to you. You only have 240ml of it, and you’ll have to buy some back pretty quickly.
Premium Nature Jamaican Black Castor Oil
If you are wondering where to buy the best castor oil, maybe you should take a look at Premium Nature. This manufacturer is renowned for the quality of the products it offers, and you will not run any risk by using the oil of this brand.
Jamaican black castor oil is great for accelerating hair growth. You can also use it to give more volume to your eyelashes or your beard. Jamaican Black Castor is also well suited as castor oil for the skin. Its 100% natural formula allows you to treat acne and scars.
This product has nothing to do with other oils on the market. It is of a whole different category. It is much more effective than regular castor oil. By the way, many users consider this manufacturer to be the best brand of castor oils around.
- The quality: The products offered by Premium Nature are generally of the best quality. With Jamaican black castor oil, the brand remains worthy of its fame.
- Exotic: “Jamaican Castor Oil” is a concept that appeals to many people. The little exotic side has its effect.
- Runs out quickly: Considering the apparent effects of castor oil on the hair, you will be tempted to use it quite often. But you’ll quickly empty the entire bottle if you use it too regularly.
Heritage Palma Christi Castor Oil, 32 fl. oz
If you’re looking for cheap castor oil, you just might have found it. With this offer, you benefit from 960 ml which you can apply on your hair or your skin.
Even though Palma Christi Castor Oil is cheaper than other products on the market, it is still effective. If you want to speed up your hair growth, she can help. If you find that your skin is dry, you can apply a little Palma Christi on it.
You can use this oil with peace of mind because it is completely natural. It can even be used as castor oil for constipation if you ever had to deal with this kind of problem. If you still don’t know which castor oil to choose, take this one.
- The amount: With the Palma Christi, you will have a lot of castor oil at your disposal. Indeed, the bottle is almost 1 liter.
- Versatile: The advantage of this product is that you can use it on your hair, on your eyelashes, and on your skin.
- Not very effective: Some users believe that Palma Christi castor oil is not very effective. You have to use a lot of it to be able to feel the effects.
Aria Starr Beauty Cold Pressed Castor Oil
The main concern with vials, tubes or bottles of castor oil is that the product is not easy to use. Before applying it to your hair or skin, you must first put it on your hands.
When you pour castor oil on your hands, it is hard not to lose a few drops of it. If you use it regularly, a significant amount of castor oil is still lost.
The product offered to you here is a castor oil bottle with a dispenser spout. Moreover, it is for this reason that many users have chosen this product as the best castor oil of the moment. Thanks to this device, you no longer risk stupidly wasting the product.
Apart from its ease of use, Aria Starr Beauty Castor Oil has other great features as well. This is a 100% natural product that you can use without risk. You are not in danger even if you put it on your hair or skin every day.
- Utilization facility: With the dispenser spout, you can more easily get castor oil on your hands without the risk of wasting it stupidly.
- Effective against pain: Aria Starr Beauty Castor Oil is found to be very effective in relieving arthritis pain.
- The price: This oil costs slightly more compared to other items on the market.
- Too oily: It is still a little too oily, which makes it less easy to use. Many users prefer to dilute the product in coconut oil before applying it.
How to choose your castor oil?
These days, natural and multi-purpose vegetable oils are popular in the beauty routine of many of us. Castor oil, also known by its English name “castor oil,” is no exception to the rule since the seeds of this tropical shrub hide many cosmetic virtues. We help you decipher its benefits and have all the keys in hand to find a quality oil.
First, it is interesting to know the specific characteristics of castor oil:
- The benefits and uses: its fortifying and stimulating actions for growth make it particularly appreciated when applied to the hair, eyelashes, eyebrows, or even the beard. It is also used to strengthen and stimulate the nails. Its softening properties are also ideal for dry and damaged skin. It would also make it possible to attenuate dark spots and pigmentary spots, and is practical for effective make-up removal thanks to its viscosity.
- Appearance: transparent to light yellow, castor oil stands out for its thick and dense texture with a somewhat greasy feel. To facilitate its application, you can of course mix it with another vegetable oil that is easier to apply and/or rinse (to make a hair oil bath for example).
- The packaging: given its thick consistency, the ideal is to opt for a format that allows you to obtain a small quantity of product at a time, but with a sufficiently large opening so that the oil can easily come out. For optimal conservation, an amber glass container is ideal.
Then, here are the criteria to pay attention to when choosing a quality oil:
- The extraction method: to obtain vegetable oils, there are four extraction methods: by hydraulic press, by the mechanical press, by centrifugation, and by solvent extraction. If you can opt for cold-extracted oils (by the hydraulic press) from first pressure, which thus retains all their benefits.
- Refining: this process makes it possible, by various means, to obtain oil without color or odour. As a result, quality and efficiency are impacted, for a fairly variable result. It is, therefore, more advantageous to opt for (extra-) virgin oils, which have retained all their properties and have not been modified.
- The origin: the idea is to opt for oil resulting from organic cultivation. It is also interesting to know the origin of the oil and, if possible, to favor oils obtained in an ethical and sustainable manner. Most often, castor oil comes from India.
- The list of ingredients: ideally, vegetable oil should contain one, namely the oil in question only. While it can be exciting, depending on the care sought, to combine different oils, it is better to make this mixture yourself to be sure of what you use.
For even more cosmetic or culinary recommendations, we invite you to consult our comparative best coconut oils, olive oils, and hair oils.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of castor oil?
Castor oil is a product that offers many virtues. It can not only be used on the hair, but also on the skin. Castor oil can even be ingested if it is completely pure.
Women often apply this product to their hair to speed up their growth. Indeed, castor oil is very nourishing for the scalp. If you apply it regularly, you will notice the results very quickly. It is also for this reason that many people use it on their eyelashes.
Castor oil is also very good for the skin. If you feel that your skin is dry, you can apply some castor oil on it. This product is also very effective in relieving skin irritation and eczema flare-ups. Finally, if you have a constipation problem, just consume a small dose of pure castor oil, and your problem will be solved.
How to use castor oil?
To use castor oil, you only need to apply it directly to the skin or hair with your hand. Start by pouring a little oil on your hand. When you apply it to the skin, spread the product until the entire affected area is covered. When you apply it to your hair, make sure that the entire scalp is well moistened.
How to apply castor oil to the hair?
Castor oil is a fairly strong product. It is for this reason that many people prefer to dilute it with coconut oil before applying it to their hair. This mixture is particularly beneficial for frizzy hair but is still suitable for other types of hair. The ideal would be to have the same proportions for both products when you mix. Otherwise, you can apply castor oil first, and coconut oil later.
When using castor oil to condition your hair, you need to let it sit long enough for the product to work. Some people leave it on overnight and wrap their hair in a cap during that time.
How to apply castor oil on eyelashes?
Castor oil is not only very nourishing for the hair, it can also be used for the eyelashes. If you want to quickly add volume to your eyelashes, you can rely on this product.
Beforehand, it is mandatory to remove your makeup. This is because if you don’t, your products or powders may clog your pores. To apply the oil to your eyelashes, you can use a brush, the one you use for your mascara, for example, a cotton swab or your finger. Let sit for 24 hours before rinsing off.
Black or white castor oil, which is better?
The darker the castor oil, the purer it will be, but it will also be more fragrant. Light-coloured oils are generally of lower quality because they contain more additives. However, white castor oil is much easier to use because you no longer need to dilute it. So, black castor oil has both its pros and cons, but it’s up to you.