According to most dentists, people who are conscious about their health should brush their teeth at least twice every day. Unfortunately, most people take this lightly. Some brush once. Others forego brushing all together with disastrous results. Tooth spotting or staining, for instance, is a common challenge that most people grapple with. Plaque build-up is another major issue. Finally, if ignored for long, tooth decay and ultimately loss is a major problem that frustrates individuals worldwide. To keep the foregoing in check, buy the best toothpaste. Second, buy a quality toothbrush that cleans well and is enjoyable to use.
Which is the best toothbrush for day-to-day use? Over the years, toothbrushes have mutated from the manual handheld models to powerful electrical ones. While both models work well, the latter type is common and among the most recommended for many reasons. Their powerful oscillating heads, for instance, clean better than manual toothbrushes. They are also comfortable to use and have advanced battery-powered designs that fight plaque and tooth staining well.
However, even though effective, not all electric toothbrushes work the same. Always look for a well-made model that you will enjoy using every day for the best experience. This article will help you to do so. With the help of our guide, you will identify and buy the best product in this niche easily.
5 Best Electric Toothbrushes (Reviews & Tests) of 2022
1. Oral-B Pro 2 2500 CrossAction
First of all, this item shows off an elegant design with its clean finishes and classic black colourway. The color immediately seduces with its side combining simplicity and chic look. The product comes with a case that serves as a storage kit while on the go.
The handle of this equipment is coated with rubber maximizing grip during operations. Between two uses, you can count on its base which acts as a charging base and storage medium.
Regarding its performance, this device incorporates the brand’s tilt-and-turn technology. It is combined with the CrissCross bristle module to ensure optimal and thorough cleaning. The latter is also able to tilt at an angle of 16 ° to reach difficult areas. The onboard battery on the other hand provides about two weeks of battery life so you don’t have to charge it frequently.
- Two brushing modes: This model exhibits two options that you can select according to your preferences and needs. Besides the normal function, there is the gentle mode for people with sensitive teeth or gums.
- Practical technology: This equipment incorporates systems aimed at improving your comfort during use. A timer informs you when to change the dial and an indicator lets you know with a light if the pressure you exert is too strong.
- Quite long power supply time: Users criticize this accessory for the battery charging time, which takes around 15 hours.
2. Oral-B Pro 2 2000N CrossAction
Obviously, if you want to be completely happy with your purchase, you will need to look to the best brand of electric toothbrushes. And on this point, Oral-B has proven itself for a long time. The manufacturer’s CrossAction Pro 2 2000 N only reinforces this notoriety.
This model appeals to consumers by its ergonomics. The grip on the handle optimizes grip, whatever the situation. The assembled rounded head and fine bristles are suitable for individual tooth cleaning. The timer informs you that it is time to move from one part of the dial to another. These performances are based on the designer’s tilt-and-turn technology.
When in use, you have the choice between two modes: the first is fully dedicated for gum care and the second for standard maintenance. Once the battery is full, it can last for a dozen days.
- Ergonomic: The handle includes a rubber coating simplifying the handling of the whole. There is no risk of it slipping out of your hand despite the humidity that may be present on the part.
- Operating indicators: This model has indicator lights that light up when you hold the handle too hard or when the battery requires charging.
- Increased performance: Able to tilt at 16 °, the brush manages to perform a deep cleaning of the teeth.
- Absence of a case: We would have appreciated a pouch with the purchase to secure the transport of this equipment when traveling.
3. Philips Sonicare DiamondClean HX9359 / 89
If you want to know which is the best electric toothbrush on the market, you can check out consumer feedback on the performance of Philips DiamondClean. This model embeds revolutionary innovations resulting from the latest research in the field.
With a modern design, this reference brilliantly combines simplicity and finesse. It catches the eye at first glance. On the handle, you will find the easy-to-access activation button, but also an indicator so that you know the state of the battery. It is also capable of holding up to three weeks at full load.
Regarding its features, you will be dealing with five distinct modes to accommodate according to your needs: Clean, Sensitive, Gum care (massage of the gums), White (whiteness of the teeth), and Deep Clean (in-depth). These options are conditioned by the Sonicare sonic system capable of reaching 62,000 movements/min at full throttle.
- Efficient: Many technologies go into the design of this model to optimize its performance. In particular, there is the AdaptiveClean / C3 Premium Plaque Defense brush head, which allows dental plaque removal 10 times more efficient than manual equipment.
- Several modes: This specimen embeds five different techniques for cleaning your teeth. All you have to do is select the one suited to your expectations. The adjustment is made at the level of the handle.
- Charging time: Users find that a dozen hours on the mains is quite considerable.
4. Philips Sonicare HX6807 / 51
Comparing the best electric toothbrushes on the market remains inconceivable without integrating the Philips brand. Indeed, the brand advances many products whose performances are unanimous among buyers. Sonicare HX6807 / 51 is one of them.
This specimen is endowed with the sonic function and seduces consumers by the presence of various innovations which have the role of giving you optimal convenience during your jobs. We distinguish in particular the Quadpacer which informs you on the moment to pass from one zone to another, the Smartimer warns you at the end of the process, the BrushSync TM memorizes the duration and the pressure, the EasyStart will help you in your beginnings.
This device has a rechargeable Li-Ion battery that will give it two weeks of autonomy when full. As it is customary to change your brush every three months, this device has a sensor to let you know that it is time to replace yours.
- Several integrated technologies: Many systems come into action to boost the performance of this model while preserving your comfort of use. Among them, we find the Philips Sonicare, the Quadpacer, the BrushSync TM or the Easystart.
- Getting started: The Easystart system allows progressive accommodation of the head during the first jobs to facilitate adaptation time.
- Effectiveness: The W2 Optimal tip offers satisfactory results after only a week of use.
- Slippery handle: The handle does not have a non-slip coating, which makes it somewhat difficult to grip when you have wet hands.
5. Braun Dental D100 Cross Action
This model from Braun has as main qualities: simplicity and efficiency. Embedding Oral-B’s tilt-and-turn technology, it has an interesting cleaning performance.
This device includes a rounded brush for easy access to difficult areas of the mouth. The bristles are able to tilt at 16 ° to maximize the deep infiltration of the accessory, and, while ensuring the protection of the gum. In addition, there is a two-minute timer that lets you know when your cycle is finished.
One of the strengths of this device is also it’s handling. Thanks to the rubber structure of the handle, you will carry out your movements in safety, without fear that the component slips between your fingers.
- Ergonomic: The rubber covered handle prevents slipping. The grip ensures grip even if your hands are wet. Thus, the risk of slipping is minimal.
- Removable head: The tip can be removed if necessary. Maintenance then becomes easy. You can also replace it with other modules from the range while keeping the body.
- Basic functions: Some people find that this model lacks options. Despite this, he fulfils his mission brilliantly.
Buying Guide’s Electric Toothbrushes
Electric toothbrushes are popular wellness accessories that benefit both kids and adults. If you are shopping for one that can keep your mouth clean and improve oral health over time, do not buy any random model you find in stores. Once you have specified your budget and identified the best store to buy from, use this guide to find the best toothbrush:
- Type: In stores such as Amazon, electric toothbrushes come in many types. Rotating brushes, for instance, have bristles that rotate to clean teeth thoroughly. Oscillating brushes, on the other hand, have rotating heads, while pulsing models combine rotation and oscillation. To choose the best, it is advisable that you research deeply on your available options. What are their pros and cons, for instance? Will the model you are planning to buy satisfy your needs? Electric toothbrushes are expensive. Try to find the best model the first time.
- Battery: Most electric toothbrushes use batteries as their source of power. Once you have settled on the type, check the type of battery that it uses. Does it use rechargeable or replaceable batteries, for instance? Rechargeable batteries are convenient and cheaper in the long term. Replaceable AAA batteries, on the other hand, are readily available in most stores. Weigh their pros and cons and choose one that works best for you.
- Brush Head: Does the electric toothbrush you are planning to buy have a permanent or a replaceable brush head? Even though toothbrushes with fixed heads are cheaper, those with replaceable heads are convenient. Instead of buying the whole assembly every time bristles start falling off, all you have to do is remove the old brush head and install a new one. No matter the type you choose, make sure that bristles have rounded and non-irritant designs. The head should also fit comfortably in your mouth without scratching your cheeks or irritating your gums or teeth.
- Ease of Use: Brushes are important day-to-day accessories that most people use at least twice a day. If you are shopping for one, therefore, buy one that you will enjoy using. It should be light, for instance. Its handle should be non-slip and comfortable to handle and its system tuned to better the experience of use. Hard to use electric toothbrushes often frustrate people and fail to meet their needs.
- Add-Ons: With the advent of technology, most electric toothbrushes nowadays have add-ons that benefit users. Before purchasing one, for instance, look out for helpful features such as a timer. It will prevent you from over brushing and better your experience as a result. Some models have water tanks and UV light sources for sterilizing teeth. Look out for such features to get the best electric toothbrush in the market.
Which is the best electric toothbrush for use in homes and or hotels? Over the years, electric toothbrushes have replaced manual ones because of their effectiveness. They also have powerful systems and fun-to-use automated designs that fight debris, plaque, and bacteria to improve oral health. To get one that meets this threshold, the 10 models we have listed work the best. They are durable, safety-certified, and have versatile designs that benefit people of all cadres. They are also affordable and do not require skill to use. Do not let plaque and or stained teeth to take charge of your life. Buy yours to manage such problems fast and in a natural way.