If there is one product that we cannot do without, it is our mascara. It enlarges and wakes up our gaze with just a few brush strokes. For you, we have tested many mascaras and selected the best. Our 16 best mascaras, the ones that simply make us infallible!
Top 6 best mascaras of all time
Avril Long Wear Mascara
Natural and certified organic, this inexpensive mascara promises a nice natural look while subtlety. Ideal for everyday wear, it is easy to apply and lengthens the lashes for a more intense look.
Although it is less known to the general public, this mascara has it all to please many of you. In addition to intensifying the look thanks to its lengthening effect, it benefits from a good hold, an impressive intensity and is easy to apply. It provides a rather natural look, ideal for everyday use, and is also available in a waterproof version. Its low price and exemplary composition make it an interesting choice if you want to opt for makeup that is more respectful of the skin and the environment.
Color Caramel Backstage Mascara
This professional-quality natural mascara offers a very natural finish and enjoys excellent hold throughout the day. It structures, curls and effectively enhances your eyelashes.
He is also one of the favorites in the “green” beauty sphere, in particular thanks to his actions which lengthen, separate and curl the eyelashes. Its effects offer a rather natural rendering, which is largely worthy of more conventional mascaras. Appreciated for its clean composition, it is also available in several shades. Don’t panic if you can’t find it in your favorite stores: the brand has developed a new packaging.
Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara
If you are more looking for a false lash effect, this conventional mascara could well become your 24/7 ally. Intense, easy to apply and long-lasting, it effectively enhances the eyes thanks to its volumizing effect.
A true must-have in the beauty world, this volumizing mascara appeals to people looking for an effective false lash effect. Its intense black sublimates the eyes, and its brush makes its application very simple. In addition, it benefits from a very good hold, even if the most demanding (s) at this level will rather turn to its Waterproof version. Note on the other hand that its composition leaves much to be desired.
Lily Lolo Natural Mascara
Ideal for a subtle finish, ideal for everyday make-up, it brings definition but above all length to the eyelashes. Particularly appreciated by sensitive eyes, it benefits from rapid drying and is easy to remove.
This mascara effectively separates, lengthens and volumizes eyelashes for an effect that remains truly natural. Intense and with a good hold, it is ideal for sensitive eyes and is especially appreciated for its ease of makeup removal. In addition, its composition is impeccable. However, it seems that the product dries quickly enough, which limits its duration of use. For a more intense effect, we warmly recommend its big brother the Big Lash, which has become a real favorite of beauty addicts. Unfortunately, due to its success, it is currently out of stock on most e-commerce stores.
Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
It’s also one of the low-cost champions, which has clearly become a staple in the makeup bag for many of you. Its sensational effect is ensured by its curved brush with six lengths of bristles, which proves to be effective in unearthing the lightest lash and giving it length and volume. That said, unlike the L’Oréal product shown below, the lack of a wringer-doser makes application a bit more difficult, as the brush takes a lot of product.
L’Oréal Volume Millions De Cils
If you’re looking for a more traditional and effective mascara without breaking the bank, here is a product that should be right for you. As its name suggests, it is a volumizing mascara accompanied by a thick silicone brush and well supplied in bristles, but above all with pins of different sizes. The tube is also fitted with an extractor-doser, which allows the product to be applied without overloading, thus avoiding the formation of unsightly “clumps”. The hold is also appreciated, especially since the product does not crumble and does not run. It provides a rather natural effect, ideal for everyday use.
How to choose good mascara ?
Whether you are looking to discreetly sublimate the look or to obtain real doe eyes (using an adapted eyeliner and a touch of highlighter in the inner corner of the eye), applying mascara is a step key in the beauty routine of many of us. However, choosing the product that suits us best can sometimes be very difficult, as there are so many different brands, formulas and prices on the market.
We have therefore listed the most essential criteria to consider during your research. Very often, the choice of mascara is first of all based on the desired effect:
- The volumizing effect: intended for sufficiently long eyelashes but few in number, the volumizing mascara has a thick brush with a lot of bristles, which lets a greater quantity of formula pass through, making it possible to catch as many eyelashes as possible and to “load them”. ”, Which by optical effect gives an impression of density.
- The lengthening effect: ideal for small eyelashes, the lengthening mascara has a fine brush, with large nubs intended to separate the lashes and to catch the very small ones arranged on the inner corner of the eye, which gives the final impression of better-distributed length.
- The combined effect: no need to apply a lengthening mascara and a volumizer at the same time, because the effects tend to cancel each other out. It is better to use a combined mascara (fiber mascara), often applicable in two stages: a first step consists in depositing a white base with a sheathing effect, then it is necessary to apply the mascara part itself, which will deposit small vegetable fibers or of silk on each lash to create a volume effect.
- The false-eyelash effect : while some mascaras tend to give your eyes a natural effect, in particular by emphasizing the color of your eyelashes more intensely, others voluntarily print a more sustained false-eyelash effect. They are generally mascaras with combined volumizing and lengthening effects, but they are often accompanied by a glossy or cardboard effect, emphasizing the “fake” side of the eyelashes thus obtained.
Other characteristics then come into account:
- The Formula: Nowadays, most formulas are quite resistant, and are likely to survive heat, humidity or emotion. If in doubt, you can always opt for a waterproof version, which will however be much more difficult to remove and can sometimes cause weakening of the eyelashes over time. It is therefore ideally worn for special occasions.
- The brush: the shape and size of the brush partly determine the effect mascara will have on your eyelashes. Thus, a large and bushy brush provides maximum volume, while a more curved one will logically have the effect of curving the eyelashes. The conical brushes are ideal for applying makeup to both the inner and outer corners of the eye, for a uniform look. If you’re not looking for any particular dominating effect, a nub brush should be right for you.
- Composition: as with all skincare or cosmetic products, it may be interesting to dwell on the ingredients that make up your mascara. In general, “conventional” products carry a number of controversial components, regardless of their price range. If you want to avoid them, an interesting alternative can be found in natural and organic products, more and more frequent on the market and today offering excellent performance.
A mascara that is well suited to your eyelashes perfectly laid and without a packet would be your best mascara. In any case, the eyelash shadow is a major component of your face makeup and it helps to sublimate your look.
Be careful, choosing the right product is not always enough. To achieve the best effect, it is essential to master the art of applying mascara. Indeed, you have to start with the upper lashes, from the inner corner of the eye, applying the product from the root to the tips. At the same time, you should turn the brush slightly while stretching it outward. Then you apply your mascara to your lower lashes with a single brush stroke.