Micellar water is the new make-up remover not to be missed today because of all its advantages. It soothes and cleanses better than traditional treatments. But it isn’t easy to navigate when you are overwhelmed by the waves of products on the market. Consumers, therefore, recommend Bioderma Créaline H2O . In addition to being economical and bulky, it has almost the same pH as that of the skin. So he has no chance of irritating her. Garnier Micellaire Eau Peau Sensible has also won praise from consumers. With its rich composition, it has several benefits on the epidermis and not only cleanses it.
The 10 Best Micellar Waters (Reviews & Tests) of 2021
Bioderma Créaline H2O
Professionals and those who use a lot of it turn to this set of 2 micellar waters of 500 ml each. This will give you a good amount to apply over weeks or even months.
This purified water, which has the same composition as the skin, does not attack the most sensitive and those who do not tolerate concentrated cosmetic products. Thus, you will not see any redness, pimples, or tightness appear.
Its ingredients, rigorously selected by the brand and only have the secret, soothe the epidermis already weakened by daily makeup. With this, you will not find in its formula any trace of paraben, perfume, alcohol or soap, all elements that tilt the pH of the skin tissue. You can apply it anywhere and not just at home, in the car, or on the airplane toilet, as the reference does not require rinsing.
- Effective: Despite the pure and harmless nature of this water, one customer attests that it removes all traces of makeup until the last. In addition, it leaves the skin soft and subtly scented with its non-aggressive components.
- Treat acne: One user claims that after using this product, her redness and pimples were gone. This results from its composition, which most closely resembles that of the skin.
- Extremely simple container: It would have been the most efficient if the manufacturer had packaged it in a pump bottle. It would have been easier to apply it.
Garnier Micellaire Water Sensitive Skin
This all-in-one micellar water from Garnier meets the needs of those who do not always have time to sit down between two make-ups. Thus, it easily replaces running water and aggressive cosmetic products with its aroma-free degreasing formula.
Despite this, there is no need to iron several times on an area or follow with water, the eyes or the lips, for example, to remove traces of makeup permanently. The manufacturer maintains that one step is enough and that we do not have to rub with this new technology solution.
The most sceptical will be reassured to know that before being marketed, the article was tested in the laboratory. It has been proven that it does not contain any agent that could harm vulnerable skin. The product also improves the texture of the skin, which becomes silky and balanced.
- For sensitive skin: Garnier can be an exciting place to buy the best micellar water if you have sensitive skin. The brand has removed the perfume and any other potentially aggressive element to cleanse the skin without irritating it.
- Effective: There is no need to wipe the different parts of the face several times to dislodge makeup; its all-in-one formula works in one or two gentle applications.
- Drug smell: Customers say the contents of the bottle smells of the chemical when opened. This then slowed them down on their use.
Corine de Farme Pure Micellar Water
Many congratulate Corine de Farme’s choice of the container. The pump bottle facilitates the application of micellar water on the hands like cotton discs. Since it is plastic, you can move around with it without fear of it breaking into your bag. It also preserves its smell over the long term.
That this product was produced in France reassures the minds of many people. He also won the Bio Ecocert label, which clearly shows that it is a cosmetic you can trust. So you don’t have to dig into the label and save more time.
The aloe vera extract inside has several benefits on the skin, including moisturizing it, or calming it if the itching or pimples used to give you a nightmare. With this pair of 500 ml bottles, you have enough to remove makeup for several months at a low price.
- For all ages: This fragrance-free micellar water with aloe vera is suitable for the sensitive skin of a teenager as well as that of a mature woman or a grandmother.
- Quality and moisturizing: Corine de Farme offers this hydrating reference to those who want to know which micellar water to choose from all this jungle. The organic aloe vera present in its ingredients fights dryness in order to leave the skin supple and pleasant after its passage.
- Generous flow: A large amount of micellar water is harvested with each pump stroke, which is not ideal for those who want to save the product.
Biolane Micellar Water Dermo Pediatrics
This natural cleansing milk satisfies both infants with sensitive skin and their mothers. Its softness comes from its physiological pH formula, it eliminates impurities just like makeup without stinging the eyes or scratching the skin afterwards.
Thus, mothers can call on it to clean the face and the whole body of their little angels. No matter how often you use it, once or twice a day or for occasional use, this moisturizing solution takes care of your skin.
As the product provides good hydration, it is also suitable for dry skin, which undergoes the unpleasant sensations of this phenomenon: irritation, pimples, tightness. The French brand respects the environment, it proves it to us with this recyclable bottle. So if you share the same beliefs, this reference is for you.
- Pleasant smell: Whether it is on their children or on themselves, many mothers testify to the fact that they appreciate the scent left by this product on the skin in addition to its softness effect.
- Correct Dose: Unlike other containers that let a little too much micellar water escape from the pump, this one puts in just the right amount, according to many.
- Natural formula: With this combination of ultra-soft active ingredients, Biolane is not far from the best brand of micellar waters. So everyone can use it, from toddlers too much older people.
- Available in a single batch of 500 ml: With all its qualities, we would have appreciated finding two bottles of this micellar water in the package.
Uriage Thermal Micellar Water Combination to Oily Skin
This micellar water gets its cleaning power from its nonionic surfactants. It thus manages to remove excess sebum on the skin and better captures makeup that can be removed without the slightest resistance, even waterproof mascara.
It does not just maintain it; it is responsible for rebalancing the texture of the epidermis through its Pore Refiner technology. The solution tightens the pores, which will no longer let the sebum escape in large quantities.
The reference mainly contains thermal water and green apple extracts, which minimizes the risk of an allergy appearing. Thanks to this combination of ingredients, it is suitable for oily skin and works well on other types. Its performance has been observed on about twenty people, followed by specialist dermatologists. There is, therefore no reason to doubt its integrity.
- Works Deep: Some flock to 2 or 3-in-1 formulas when they don’t know how to choose the best micellar waters of 2021. If so, this Pore Refiner Series might be for you. It not only cleans the surface, it brings sebum production back to normal thanks to this innovation.
- Hypoallergenic: None of the elements present in its formula cause reactions in sensitive skin and all other types. The brand has selected mild ingredients like green apple extract.
- Expensive: Compared to some competing items, this one is expensive. Otherwise, you would have found what is the best micellar water on the market.
Yves Rocher Sebo Végétal Micellar water 2 in 1
This formula from Yves Rocher not only purifies the skin of the face but also regenerates it thanks to its Baikal skullcap powder. After being rid of the excess sebum on it, it breathes and radiates radiance. We then save the expense of a cleanser and a day cream from achieving the same result.
This micellar water, far from being the cheapest, we must admit, also due to its refreshing effect on the epidermis, is prized by mature women who are starting to experience skin problems (combination to oily), spots. That appears, and dull, oily skin.
Thus, the product brings production back to normal. The manufacturer claims that the culture of the root from which the powder was obtained was closely monitored. This process allows him to guarantee the quality of care.
- Multiple Actions: Many recommend this article for those having a hard time figuring out how to buy more value for money micellar water. It plays two roles on the skin that are not necessarily found in all products of its kind. Baikal powder, the main constituent of this micellar water, revitalizes the epidermis after having purified it.
- Gentle: The formula is free of parabens, dyes, silicones, and other harmful ingredients to the skin.
- Expensive: On the market, there are micellar waters of 500 ml at around 6 euros, while for this you almost have to pay more than double for 200 ml.
Jonzac Thermal Water Reactive Soothing Micellar Water
Sensitive skin that itches easily is entitled to a gentle cleansing with this water with the soothing formula of our comparison. Indeed, it mainly contains organic chamomile water, which precisely has the role of avoiding skin reactions in defence of aggression. It can thus be applied to the eyes, a particularly fragile area of the face, without fear.
Indeed, there are various ingredients in its formula, including preservatives, but the brand maintains that most of the elements come from organic cultivation and that the care has gone through various tests before its introduction to the market. This should allay the fears of the most sceptical.
This micellar water contained in a tube and not in a bottle facilitates transport to its owner. The latter will be able to slip it into his bag without fear that it will tip over or break. He will be able to cool off anywhere.
- Soothing and Accessible: If you’re looking for where to buy affordable new micellar water, you’ve found it. But that’s not all. The water and the chamomile extract it contains are certified safe for the skin. On the contrary, they calm allergic reactions.
- Quality packaging: The manufacturer has exclusively chosen to pack this micellar water in a tube so that it can accompany you anywhere without the risk of spilling into your business.
- Tends to dry the skin: More than one user complained that micellar water left her skin feeling dry and light-tight. To remedy this, the smartest resort is to a fogger and an absorbent sheet.
Nuxe micellar foam water rose petals
If you prefer mousse to lotion to remove makeup and don’t have a pore problem, this micellar water might be for you. Many find it more pleasant to apply foam to the face. We do not rub, we would soap almost gently. It also leaves a greater feeling of freshness on the skin, which can be beneficial in summer.
This product does not bring you constraints daily. You can very well save time applying it before the shower in the morning and in the evening. The formula enriched with rose petals and zero parabens results in a pleasant smell and skin away from all kinds of allergies. The skin weakened by the daily routine and pollution find their account there.
- Economical: This 150ml bottle, according to a review, would last two months if you put it in regularly. To be safe, you can buy several.
- Practical: You are not afraid to splash the contents of your bag while traveling with this micellar foam water preciously stored in a spray bottle. It does not take up space in your hand luggage.
- Pleasant on skin contact: The foam as you would expect, cools the skin on contact. It is also more pleasant to massage the product on the latter, even if it requires rinsing afterwards, not to mention its rose scent.
- Requires rinsing: As a result, you can’t use it anywhere to refresh your complexion. Some people find it uncomfortable to wash their face in a school, office or restaurant toilet.
Garancia Source Micellaire Enchantée Micellar Cleansing Water Rose d’Antan
Garancia’s idea of storing this 400ml micellar water in a sachet like this extends its shelf life. In fact, by pouring it into a smaller bottle, you avoid opening the stopper completely and losing the smell. This prevents you from accumulating your bottles too and filling the environment with trash.
The solution containing mainly a special ingredient of the brand, still green shoots of 100% natural barley, and antioxidant polyphenols, removes impurities or calm irritations and other forms of intolerance to aggressive products. It restores its radiance to the skin and hydrates it. There is no trace of paraben or phenoxyethanol, components known to cause allergic reactions on the skin.
- Sweet Scent: After cleansing their skin with this product, many were happy to spend the day with its pleasant rose scent on them.
- Functional: This micellar water in sachet reduces bottle waste, allows you to keep the scent longer, and build up a reserve for several weeks, so as to be serene.
- Multifunction: In addition to purifying the skin, this cleansing solution with green barley fights against the dryness of the skin and revives its natural color.
- Not for the eyes: A client wishes to warn other consumers. As she cleaned her eyes with this micellar water, she found it tingling a bit. Others, however, claim to have got rid of their mascaras without difficulty with it.
Diadermine Express Micellar Water 3 in 1
Here you have two lotions each playing the role of three different cosmetics at a competitive price. So you save not only on the purchase of different beauty products but also on the amount of micellar water itself.
In addition to easily removing makeup from the skin thanks to its active ingredients, it also carries with it dust and sebum. It leaves your skin immaculate without you having to go back two to three times on each part.
Aloe vera is known for its moisturizing, healing and refreshing properties. It is therefore not surprising that the brand has slipped into the formula of this product. It leaves the skin soft and supple after each cleansing session. Bypassing the cotton disc just once, you can already see the number of products removed thanks to its 3 in 1 formula.
- Tremendously effective: This micellar water unites three products on its own. Formulated 3 in 1, it carries with it all the impurities on the skin and makes it shine with health.
- Moisturizing: Unlike micellar waters which dry out, this one obtained from glycerin and aloe does not cause any annoying sensation on the epidermis, on the contrary.
- Smells Good: Users report enjoying the pleasant scent that it gives off and that it leaves on the skin after application.
- Maybe not for sensitive skin: A customer complained that the product stung her eyes. One of the many ingredients in the list is suspected.
Purchase Micellar Waters Guide
Like all other products to be applied to the skin, the selection of micellar water requires a great deal of judgment and careful consideration. Indeed, if you choose an inappropriate model for your skin without comparing them, you can get into big trouble. So here in this buying guide for the best micellar waters, here are some tips for recognizing the most suitable for yours.
Even if micellar water is deemed less aggressive than most makeup removers on the market, not all of them are necessarily suitable for sensitive or oily skin. The former, for example, do well to opt for natural or organic micellar waters. Here, we do not have 100% natural, the best we can get is a little more than half. There, manufacturers often remove the scent that gives micellar water that pleasant side and its soft texture.
Organic items stick to the skin a bit and tend to dry it out. Sensitive skin also often rhymes with intolerant and suffering from acne. So to deal with all these problems, select the same type of product.
For oily skin, favor a formula that, in addition to reducing excess sebum on the skin, sheaths the pores and therefore limits its production on the surface. These treatments also eliminate the shining effect on the epidermis.
Dry skin needs a thicker texture to fight against this phenomenon. The micellar waters being dedicated to them, therefore, soothe and hydrate in depth. Otherwise, there are also products for normal to combination skin, dosed in a balanced way.
Micellar water usually contains water, that goes without saying. Some manufacturers prefer demineralized water for added safety, rose water or other flower water, thermal water or water that has been worked in the laboratory of the same pH as the skin. The micelles introduced into it then act as magnets on the makeup.
Then we have glycerin to hydrate the skin for hours after application. Surfactants responsible for removing makeup, such as hexylene glycol or even Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, are evidently detected in the formula. Perfume is added to it or other components, preservatives depending on the brand.
It is very important to scrutinize this list with a magnifying glass, because you could, for example, come across things that your skin cannot tolerate. In the long run, some end up harming the body, such as SLS or SLES, the stabilizer EDTA, alcohol, or even Cetrimonium Bromide, a preservative feared by all.
So make sure that your future purchase does not contain any of this even for a cheap version. If your skin tends to react to these elements, turn to micellar waters that are organic or that contain these elements, but the good ones. Indeed, here it is a bit like good and bad cholesterol. Preservatives, surfactants, there are some reliable and some unreliable. As we already told you the most dangerous above, here are some names that can be trusted: Capelli glycosyl, a micellar agent, citric acid or salicylic acid.
We are always a little afraid of falling on questionable formulas when we do not know their origin. This is why it is good to prioritize products that come from the region, from France or from one of the countries of Europe which we are sure to have complied with the manufacturing standards in force. The affixing of the CE mark on the packaging is already a guarantee of quality and even better when marked “Made in France” on the label.
Capacity and price
For those who wear makeup every day, or who often face unnamed urban pollution on a daily basis, we recommend the micellar waters sold in bottles of two. Usually, on the trade, you will come across items of 200ml, 400ml, 500ml, 700ml to 1l. If possible then take the larger amount in order to remain calm for weeks or even months.
And if you want to preserve the inside of your bottle, get mini bottles of 100 ml for example that you will use every day so that your micellar water, if it is scented, keeps all its smell.
In the trade, many brands are now developing micellar waters marketed in ecological sachets, so that you too can participate in the protection of the environment. In a price comparison, you can base your calculation on the price per litre. In fact, many online stores display theirs in this way. It therefore generally costs between ten and twenty euros.