Taking care of your beauty first and foremost involves maintaining your hair. In this sense, it is essential to find the right shampoo corresponding to the nature of our hair fiber. Today, organic solutions are the most popular on the market. They present less risk to health and offer better results. We stand out the Faops French Soap 12% organic fresh goat’s milk among the successful products. It is a mild solid shampoo that can also be used on the skin. Logona Intense coloring care, for its part, provides good coverage of white hair without irritating.
The 9 Best Organic Shampoos (Reviews & Tests) of 2021
1. Faops French Soap 12% organic fresh goat milk
If you’re stuck on where to buy the best organic shampoo, this two-in-one reference might interest you. Indeed, this product is not only used on the hair, but it also brings its share of benefits on the skin. On this last point, we recommend this treatment, especially for people with sensitive, dry or problematic dermis (acne or fine lines).
The 100% natural design of this variation also makes it a success. There is no trace of sulfates, parabens, silicones, alcohol, EDTA, GMOs, MIT, coloring, or palm or mineral oil among its ingredients.
- Multiple Benefits: This product is suitable for hair and skin. The first will be smoother and silky, while the second will be rid of its ailments: acne, irritations of all kinds.
- 100% natural: This treatment does not contain any chemical base. It consists in particular of olive and coconut oil. Both are enhanced by goat milk. Your hair fiber is not at risk.
- Expensive: For a solid type shampoo, this one comes at a pretty steep price. However, as it has two uses, we tend to overlook this detail.
2. Logona Intense coloring treatment
Are you starting to have a few gray hairs appearing here and there, but you don’t know which organic shampoo to choose? We draw your attention to this reference from Logona.
This will be used to darken your color even more. As this is an intense black shade, this treatment will apply to most hair tones. However, some are still incompatible like gray or light blonde.
100% natural, this solution will not damage your hair fiber and will not irritate you with use. In addition, its components boost regrowth while ensuring a soft and silky result.
There are therefore among the ingredients: jojoba oil, an extract of algae, and wheat protein. Another essential oil is added to this base. It will also depend on the color chosen. Here you have 100 g of product. No need to buy two boxes for full coverage.
- 100% vegetable: This article incorporates only natural elements in its design. For example, there is wheat protein, seaweed extract, or jojoba oil. As such, it will not cause you any allergies.
- Easy to apply: According to consumers, the powdered texture of this reference makes it easy to use.
- Good coverage: The intense black shade of this treatment will effectively camouflage white hair.
- Incompatibilities: This product is not suitable for all hair colors. Those who have them light blond or gray should also abstain.
3. Vidal Organic Shampoo V2 Anti-hair loss, advanced baldness + volume
When you have hair that is falling out, it is preferable to turn to the best brand of organic shampoos. This will also guarantee the effectiveness and above all the reliability of the treatment in question. At Vidal, we present a product specially designed to remedy baldness concerns of all kinds.
To counter DHT, the brand incorporates 16 natural active ingredients in its formula. These promote the strengthening of the hair fiber. This then regains a little more thickness. This way you will gain density and volume.
In addition, this treatment can also be used on the skin. Its pH equal to 5 offers this possibility. Always thanks to this, you can even use this solution every day without fear. The risks of dermatitis, the appearance of dandruff, and flaking will be even more limited.
- 100% natural: This variation does not include any chemical ingredient that could constitute a danger to your health. Even the box was made from recyclable material. Most environmentalists will be delighted.
- Limits hair loss: Avocado oil, oat, soy, wheat, and corn proteins, saw Palmetto, Ginseng, Arginine, Vitamin E, mentha oil, Baicalensis, jojoba seed, Amaranth, Betainne and Mejorana contained in this treatment guarantee the strengthening of the roots.
- No Foam: Those who like this effect may not like this product.
4. NAE Certified solid organic shampoo
How to choose the best organic shampoos for 2021? To not regret his purchase, it seems better to refer to the nature of his hair. If you have a problem with excess sebum, this variation from NAE will suit you.
Thanks to the extract of organic sage and organic mint contained in its formula, this treatment has the power to refresh and lighten your hair fiber. Nourished, the dry ends will no longer be brittle. The fatty roots will be removed.
As this is a solid soap, its use remains simple. Just rub it on your wet head. In addition, this shape will also allow you to do more washing than with a liquid solution. Indeed, you can perform up to 50 treatments. And for ecological reasons, the packaging can be recycled.
- 100% natural: This soap only includes organic ingredients. Its base consists of sage and mint. The two together guarantee suitable care for oily hair.
- Eco-friendly design: This shampoo is not protected by a plastic film. In addition, the case used to contain it is 100% recyclable.
- Economical: This product alone is equivalent to two 250 ml bottles of liquid. You can use it up to 50 times before getting another.
- No Foam: This feature displeases many. However, this remains normal for organic skincare.
5. MagiForet Argan oil Shampoo and conditioner
Do you have curly, colored hair and don’t know where to buy a new organic shampoo? We invite you to take a look at this reference from MagiForet.
This argan oil-based solution will bring your hair back to life. It has nourishing and moisturizing power. Thanks to this, the hair fiber softens and shines. In this way, the styling also becomes easier.
Incorporating a featherweight formula with sun protection, this product will regenerate your stems. In addition, in use, this treatment gives off a pleasant aroma that is not easily dissipated. Your head will smell good for a whole day.
Apart from argan oil, the manufacturer adds avocado oil to optimize the density and volume of the hair. Jojoba oil, camellia seed oil, and botanical keratin are also part of the trip. They allow, among other things, good hydration of the ends.
- Scented: In most cases, organic shampoo, whether cheaper or not, has an unflattering scent. The manufacturer has corrected this characteristic here and then offers us treatment with luxurious and above all long-lasting scents.
- Quality ingredients: If argan oil provides better nutrition to the hair, that avocado will prevent falls and that of jojoba will guarantee optimal hydration of the whole. All of this will give you curls that are healthy and springy.
- Expensive: The cost of this product remains quite high compared to its peers. This is a source of hesitation for many consumers.
6. So’Bio Etic Gentle hair shampoo
Are you looking for a mild organic shampoo? The almond milk and rice protein formula of this reference from So’Bio Etic will meet your needs. The first ingredient will give you more softness and shine.
The second will ensure better hydration. This combination will provide reinforced sheathing for your hair. In addition, this product is suitable for all types: fatty, dry, or mixed.
In addition, the designer here guarantees satisfactory results in just ten applications that are optimistic if you have very damaged hair fiber. Also, this treatment has no harmful elements. In this sense, ingredients such as sulfate, paraben, or silicone are removed. Thanks to its 250 ml capacity, you can perform up to 30 washes with a single bottle. What not to renew the purchase for a while.
- A well-studied formula: The almond milk and the rice protein in this solution complement each other well. One softens and shines; the other hydrates and makes styling easier.
- Without dangerous ingredients: Among its major ingredients, this shampoo does not include sulfate, paraben, or silicone. In short, you do not risk anything health-wise.
- Good capacity: The brand puts a 250 ml bottle at your disposal that will allow you to wash your hair up to 30 times.
- Cost: If you aspire to a cheap product, this one might not be right for you.
7. BOT cosmetic & wellness Volumizing anti-pollution shampoo
The most expensive is not always the best organic shampoo. The proof, this reference from BOT cosmetic & wellness will seduce you with its cost of fewer than 17 euros for two bottles of 200 ml. Yes, thanks to this batch, you will be able to perform up to 40 washes. What not to refuel for a while.
In addition, apart from its capacity, the ingredients that make up this treatment are also interesting. The formula is also sulfate-free and therefore keeps you away from cancer risks.
Thanks to the castor oil incorporated in this solution, it will soften, soften and shine your hair. In addition, regrowth will also be activated. For optimal strengthening, the manufacturer adds little red onion extracts. The fall will be limited with the presence of this element.
- 2 bottles: For less than 20 euros you will have two bottles of 200 ml available here. This variation will save you money.
- Combination of castor oil and red onion extract: This marriage guarantees flexibility, softness, hydration, and strengthening of your hair. These will shine more and not drop as much.
- Effective: In addition to caring for your hair, this product also turns out to be an organic anti-dandruff shampoo. This will get rid of annoying unwanted people.
- Packaging: For less bulk, a single 400 ml bottle would have been better. It would have made room in the bathroom cupboards.
8. Naturé moi Volume shampoo with organic rice extract
Who wouldn’t want to buy the best performing organic shampoo? But for this, you must already know the nature of your hair. This Naturé moi formula is particularly aimed at those who wish to have more density and volume.
In addition, by purchasing this product, you will save considerable money, as it is sold in a set of 4 tubes of 250 ml. This will give you plenty to do for two or three months. All this for a competitive price of around 16 euros only.
Of course, this is also natural treatment. And since its consistency is 94% biodegradable, the threat to the environment is minimized. On the ingredient side, there are two main ones, namely: organic rice from Camargue and organic honey from Limousin. This combination offers a fortifying and nourishing solution.
- For fine and flat hair: This formula has been specially developed to bring more volume and density to the hair fiber. This is thanks to a nourishing and softening action.
- Pleasant scent: In our comparison, this product is among those whose smell particularly appealed to consumers. Indeed, natural care often has a tendency to release an inconvenient aroma. Here you will enjoy a fruity and marine scent.
- Set of 4: Each tube contains 250 ml of shampoo. You will last for months.
- 94% biodegradable: It is a pity that this value is not 100%. This reference does impact a little on the environment.
9. Yumi Bio Shop Bioearth Mild shampoo for frequent use
If you’ve been dying your hair recently and wondering what the best organic shampoo is on the market, this product might meet your expectations.
Thanks to its gentle formula, you can use it as often as you want. And if your scalp has been attacked by the coloring treatment that you have used, this solution will be able to regenerate it.
But what ingredients did BIOEARTH use to get there? Here, you will have available a liquid soap made from Aloe vera, panthenol, and jojoba oil. These three elements will work in order to revive not only your hair fiber but also your scalp.
Regarding the bottle, it is 250 ml. Before finishing it, you will have already done up to 30 washes. Also, since the interior foams less, it will be easier for you to rinse yourself.
- Gentle formula: This reference will not irritate you further. On the contrary, it will cure your old ailments. In this sense, this product is intended for those who have weakened, damaged, sensitive and colored hair.
- Natural ingredients: This solution contains active ingredients which promote the regeneration of the scalp as well as the fortification of the hair fiber. There are also Aloe vera, panthenol and jojoba oil. These also have nourishing effects.
- Packaging: We would have preferred a bottle with a measuring spout to avoid waste and better quantify the product in use.
Buying Guide’s Organic Shampoo
If you are looking for tips for choosing your organic shampoo, you have come to the right place. In the following few lines, we will detail the points to dissect so as not to regret your future transaction. This will also allow you to better orient yourself in the price comparison.
To start this buying guide for the best organic shampoos, we’ll cover the types of products you might come across in the market.
First, we have solid soaps. We appreciate these for their ease of use. There is no need for a dosage here. In addition, these specimens are seen as more durable.
They can provide up to 50 times, depending on the brand and model you choose. When it comes to packaging, prioritize items that are not wrapped in plastic film. You will thus contribute a little more to the preservation of the environment. There are also references on the market in which the box is fully biodegradable.
Second, we have liquid care. In the majority of cases, they are packaged in bottles. However, some brands opt for tubes. Anyway, it seems more reasonable to turn to versions equipped with a measuring spout. This will avoid having your hand too heavy or not enough. This will give you more confidence that your hair has received the correct amount for its health.
In addition, this category is more practical if you go on vacation or to the swimming pool. The container fits smoothly in your bag and without interacting with your other things to soil them in the process. Usually, you have a 250ml bottle that will go with you for about a month and a half.
This is the most important point if you are looking to know how to buy a better value organic shampoo. You should also know the difference between organic and classic. Note that in a natural product you will not find carcinogenic and irritant ingredients. Elements such as sulfate, paraben, silicone, GMOs, and petrochemical solutions are therefore absent.
Then, the constitution of the formula will depend on your needs. If you want to hydrate your hair better, for example, opt for active ingredients such as Aloe vera or castor oil. If you want to get rid of your excess sebum, sage or mint should be a priority. Green clay is also an effective alternative. In all cases, make sure that the organic certification is written on the box of your soap. Otherwise, its origin could appear doubtful.
In addition, note that this type of treatment generally does not have a fragrance. However, some specimens on the market have a natural fragrance to mask the unpleasant smell of a 100% vegetable shampoo. A fruity scent can therefore emanate from it.
As colourants are also banned from this kind of cosmetics, the liquid should have the same shade as the tea. If it is blue, red or other, its organic character remains doubtful. If you have a sensitive scalp, opt for gentle treatment. Those based on almond oil seem to be the most popular in this sense. This element does not irritate the skin or the hair.
The nature of the hair
Finally, the choice of your shampoo will depend entirely on the type of hair you have. Indeed, there are various products on the market specially dedicated to a particular type of hair fiber.
Some even see themselves intended for those who are dyed. And a few specimens will allow you to camouflage your white hair. On this point, we still have to be careful. Some variations are only suitable for specific hair color. You should therefore read the instructions on the subject on the box.
If you have an oily nature, it would be ideal to opt for a solution that will remove excess sebum. Shampoos that provide volume are also recommended. A moisturizer on its side will prevent you from having brittle ends. This type of article will regenerate your hair tissue to make them more supple and silky. In general, they also provide more shine.
If your hair tends to fall out, prefer ultra-nourishing formulas that will promote your regrowth. So see if the ingredients of the product you want to buy are rich in iron and vitamin E.
Frequently asked Questions
Why choose an organic shampoo?
Many people are still skeptical about this new trend. Indeed, changing habits is difficult. But by taking this step, your hair will regain better health. It should be noted that the active ingredients contained in chemical solutions are the leading cause of the degradation of our hair fiber. And that’s not to mention carcinogenic ingredients like sulfate. Inorganic skincare, you will not encounter any irritating or dangerous elements, both for you and the environment.
How do I know if a shampoo is organic?
To identify the best item, you will need to review its label. Natural organic soap is free from GMOs, silicones and other derivatives, preservatives, and petrochemicals. The perfume is sometimes even non-existent as well as the synthetic dyes. And in general, the container is biodegradable and safe for flora and fauna. Also, when you use this kind of treatment, the lather is not abundant.
How to use organic solid shampoo?
To do this, you will just have to wet your soap and apply it directly to your hair. Once the lather appears, begin to gently massage your scalp. Once this is done, let stand a few moments before rinsing thoroughly. You can also rub the shampoo in your hands to get it on your hair. It will all depend on your habits.
How to make a homemade organic shampoo?
First, find a suitable and clean place to do it. It is not advisable to prepare your natural organic shampoo in your kitchen. Create a small workshop in the corner of your home. Next, make sure all of your utensils are thoroughly washed and sanitized.
Now select the base of your treatment according to the nature of your hair. If you have the oily, use green clay. If you don’t know your type, just go with the egg.
Add essential oil (15 drops) of your choice or a moisturizing agent like Aloe vera. Don’t forget the water, ½ liter will suffice. You will also need three tablespoons of surfactant powder: sodium coconut sulfate or sodium cocoyl isethionate and 100 gr of grated organic black soap. You will have to heat these in a double boiler pan. When it is finished, add your essence of ylang-ylang or other and let it cool before using.
Why can’t I remove my organic shampoo from my thick hair?
You may not have rinsed them thoroughly. Repeat the operation for a few minutes, and you will see that the product leaves. As this treatment doesn’t lather a lot, you shouldn’t have to worry about removing it. Also, do not put too many intervals between two washes. Accumulated dirt can cling to your solution, making it difficult to remove. Once a week will do just fine. Apply a conditioner to reinforce the benefits of your organic product.