We all like to have nice, manicured nails all the time. Even men have become a regular sight at many nail salons across the country. Nail salons are great, but they aren’t always convenient or affordable so having a good quality, easy to use electric nail drill kit at home is the way to go.
There are a lot of nail drills available, many of them that boast professional results, but some are much better than others. I have provided ten of the best on the market below. There is one for every specific purpose from home use to professional use, from budget drills to advanced drills, from basic kits to kits with the full works.
Top 10 Best Professional Electric Nail Drills Review
1. UTILYZE 10-in-1 Professional Electric Manicure & Pedicure Drill – The Best Speed Options
This is an advanced electric manicure and pedicure set that gives you a lot of options in one machine. This machine comes very close to giving you what you would get in a nail salon. It’s lightweight, ergonomically designed, and features 7 different attachments. It has a very reliable 10-speed motor that lets you customize the machine’s speed to match your skill and pace. This nail drill is highly recommended because it comes with an excellent 3 year warranty and it will pretty much give you every function that you need to have beautiful and healthy nails at home.
- It has both clockwise and counterclockwise rotation capabilities
- It has a touch-control display so you won’t have to fumble with clumsy buttons
- The detachable LED light makes it easy to position the light so you can see from any angle
- The power cord isn’t very long so you have to be next to the outlet
- The touch buttons are very sensitive so it is easy to accidentally change the speed or function
2. PureNails 7-piece Professional Manicure & Pedicure System – The Best Middle of the Road Nail Drill
This is a great electric manicure set that will give you salon results at home. It has two speed settings–one for delicate spots and one for regular or hard spots. It comes complete with a vinyl carrying case and a spiral AC adapter for more even power distribution. Overall, this is a good electric manicure set. It doesn’t have any special features or attachments to give it a WOW factor, but it is a good quality set that generally receive good reviews. While I wouldn’t use it in a professional salon because it only has two speed settings, you would probably get good results at home.
- The tips are sapphire coated so they will work well
- A built-in LED light illuminates the nails to help you see the area better
- The vinyl zipper case is easy to clean–simply wipe it off with a damp cloth
- It doesn’t come with a full set of instructions on how to use the attachments properly
- Not good for heavy-duty use
3. LaFlantine Electric Manicure Tool – The Best Compact and Lightweight Nail Drill
This electric tool will give you shiny, buffed nails. It comes with 5 roller-style attachments to file, shine, buff, and shape and is a very handy travel tool. It is battery operated so you can use it everywhere and its ergonomically shaped so that it is easy to handle. For the price of this set, it is a good set. It isn’t the best and it isn’t the worst, so if you are looking to save some money, this may be a good set to consider. It has a travel pouch that is good for keeping all of the accessories and the machine in one place, but it won’t offer too much protection for the drill.
- It is affordably priced so it could fit any budget
- It is portable since its battery operated
- It is difficult to find replacement rollers for this product
- It is an average drill at best–I would recommend investing a little more money to get a better drill
4. MelodySusie Professional Electric Nail Drill – The Most Professional Look
If you want a professional nail drill that looks professional, the MelodySusie nail drill might be for you. The machine is low noise, low heat, and low vibration. It features a torque and twist system that allows you to easily switch between the metal attachments. The drill looks advanced, but actually has the features of the average nail drill. While not really recommended for heavy-duty use, it is good to have an inexpensive electric drill on hand when needed.
- The metal attachments extremely durable
- It has an F button for forward (clockwise) and an R button for reverse (counterclockwise)
- It can be a little difficult to insert the attachments to the drill
5. Pure Enrichment 8-in-1 Manicure and Pedicure Kit – The Best Affordable Nail Drill for Acrylic Nails
If you need a really good home manicure set, the Pure Enrichment 8-in-1 Manicure and Pedicure Kit has everything you need plus more. The kit has eight different attachments for filing, buffing, smoothing calluses, and much more. The drill has a high and low speed setting and is ergonomically designed for comfort while gripping it. The best part about this drill–it works really well. There isn’t a substitute for a piece of equipment that simply works well so I would recommend this kit for anyone who needs a reliable electric manicure set.
- It has an adjustable guard that prevents nail clippings from flying all over the place
- The attachments are sapphire-tipped for extra strength and durability
6. Home Pedicure PediNova III – The Nail Drill with the Best Instructions
Many drills boast that they are professional, but lack the performance of a professional drill. This isn’t true of the PediNova III. The PediNova III has a 20,000 rpm motor with variable speeds. This makes it powerful enough to even handle acrylic nails. The drill has four speeds to choose from and 11 attachments with three of them being sapphire-coated. This is definitely a great manicure kit that can be used at home or in a professional setting. It comes complete with a protective travel case and an AC adapter.
- The kit comes with an instructional DVD that shows how to use the attachments
- It files down thick toenails with ease
- The drill is made of plastic which isn’t very durable for such a powerful drill
- The machine can heat up quickly
7. Morpilot 11 in 1 Professional Nail File Manicure Pedicure Kit – The Nail Drill with the Best Color
This is a trusted manicure kit because it is FDA approved. It also has a number of great features that make it an attractive kit and a good investment. The drill is shaped like a pen and ergonomically designed making it easy to hold and use. It is able to rotate clockwise or counterclockwise so it is great for left handed people or right handed people. Made of aluminum, the drill is much more durable than many plastic electric drills. The aluminum body also has efficient heat dissipation.
- The drill has a 20,000 rpm motor with adjustable speed settings
- It comes in an attractive pink color
- It is very quiet and has a low rate of vibration
- This could be a big con–many people complained that the drill didn’t work straight out of the box. There could possibly be some faulty drills out there
8. Vogue Professional Nail File Drill – The Best All Around Professional Nail Drill
This electric nail drill has it all–quality, speed, and attachments. It was manufactured by Belair Corporation, a US-based, FDA-approved company. This company has been known for producing top quality products for over 30 years. The drill is powerful enough to work on acrylic nails and reaches up to 35,000 rpm. The drill and attachments are all made with high quality material, but the drill is still lightweight and easy to handle. It also comes with a plastic toolkit case to store attachments. The Vogue Professional Nail File Drill is recommended for either home use or professional use.
- It has a high rpm so its great for all kinds of nails and powerful enough to be used in a professional salon
- It is manufactured in the U.S.A. by a reputable company that has been around for decades
- It is backed by a 3 year warranty
9. Beurer Electric Manicure & Pedicure Powerful Nail Drill – The Best Premium Quality Nail Drill
If you are looking for an extremely lightweight drill, this is a great choice for you. The drill only weighs around one pound but still provides powerful, professional results. With a sleek design, clockwise or counterclockwise rotation, and an LED light to illuminate your work area, this drill is one of the best that you can use. The kit comes in one of the most high-quality storage cases compared to other kits. Many kits have a cheap bag while this case is hard and cushioned to protect your investment.
- The drill has a guard that can prevent clipped nails from flying all over the place
- It is strong enough to use on all types of nails including toe nails and acrylic nails
- The attachments are of superior quality compared to other brands of drill attachments
- It is a little more expensive than the average nail drill kit
- It is a bit loud compared to similar drills
10. Fancii Professional Electric Manicure & Pedicure Nail Drill – The Best Budget Nail Drill
If your budget is slim and won’t allow for a top quality nail drill, the Fancii Electric nail drill would be a good choice. While it won’t give you the best results, it would still be good for the occasional at-home touch up manicure. For an inexpensive drill, it does have a lot of cool features like a built in UV dryer, an ergonomic design, and a quiet motor. They also provide an 18 month warranty. This is a good sign that they stand behind the quality of the drill which is important when it comes to low-priced products.
- The kit comes with a portable stand that has placeholders for each attachment plus the nail drill
- It uses batteries so it probably won’t be as powerful as a drill with an AC adapter
- It doesn’t have two-way rotation
Professional Electric Nail Drills – Buyer’s Guide
In this section I have provided you with some general information about nail drills, attachments, and other parts of an electric nail drill kit. There are also FAQs at the end of this section.
Why buy an electric nail drill kit for home use?
Most people like to have beautiful, healthy nails and there are a couple of different reasons why. One is that not everyone can afford to go to the nail salon often. Having your nails done on a regular basis can be costly and you can save money by doing them yourself at home. Another reason is that it saves you time. Many people simply don’t have the time to go wait in line at the nail salon so having a home kit fits into their schedule better.
What is the first step in choosing a great nail drill?
When choosing a nail drill, you should probably consider what skill level you are at. If you are a beginner when it comes to manicuring nails and/or using a nail drill, you may not want to start off with an advanced kit with sapphire-tipped attachments. These drills may be too hard to use because of the advanced speeds and power, and you could possibly injure yourself or someone else with sapphire-tipped or diamond-tipped attachments (because they really grind). Starting off with a basic, battery-powered drill that has a few attachments can be great to help you develop your manicuring skills at a good pace until you are ready to move on to the big leagues.
Conversely, if you are a professional and will be using the nail kit for clients, you will want to get the best one possible with the best attachment. This doesn’t necessarily mean the most expensive one, but you will want to make sure that the drill itself is durable, that it does quality work, and that it has enough attachments to serve any needs that your clients have. You may want to avoid cheap, plastic drills because these aren’t designed for heavy-duty use and can overheat pretty easily.
Another tip to consider is whether or not you are left-handed or right-handed. Pretty much all nail drills are made to suit right-handed people but left-handed people don’t have as many options. If you are left-handed, you’ll want to get a nail drill that rotates counterclockwise. There aren’t any nail drills that exclusively spin counterclockwise, so you will need one that has the ability to rotate in both directions.
1. Is a nail drill with an AC adapter better than one that is battery-powered?
It isn’t necessarily better, but the power of a battery-operated drill will be less than one that has an AC adapter. If you are doing basic manicures on natural nails, a battery-powered drill will be okay but many battery-powered drills don’t have enough power to use on acrylic nails or thick toe nails.
2. What does RPM mean?
RMP stands for revolutions per minute. The higher the RPM, the more powerful the drill is. For professionals, you will want an RPM of 25,000 at a bare minimum, and you will want to make sure that the drill has the ability to switch speed settings. While lower RPMs are good for natural nails and cuticles, you will need higher RPMs for acrylic and gel.
3. Should I choose a nail drill that is FDA approved?
A nail drill that is FDA approved is nice to have because you know for sure that its safe, but this doesn’t mean that other nail drills aren’t safe. Nail drills are not required to be certified or approved by the FDA. In many cases, it could be just a marketing ploy by the company to sell more units. If any nail drill is unsafe, it will be pulled from the market by the FDA regardless of if the drill is FDA approved or not.
4. Should I only buy nail drills that are manufactured in the United States?
Purchasing products manufactured in a specific country is more of a personal preference than a guideline. You can get a high quality product from China or another country just like you can in the United States. One major factor to consider when purchasing from any country is location. If you live in the United States, there are a few benefits to purchasing from manufacturers located in the United States.
Here are a few examples:
- Since manufacturers are located in the United States, it may be easier to get service and/or replacement parts for your nail drill.
- In some cases, the United States tends to have more safety regulations in place for products than other countries do so nail drills manufactured in the United States may be of higher quality simply because they have to meet certain standards.
- You will save money on shipping and handling expenses and you will receive your products faster than products from other countries.
Although they all are the best in some way, there is one that really stands out from the rest. The Vogue Professional Nail File Drill is the best on the list because of the sheer quality and durability of the machine. The fact that the company offers a 3 year warranty gives me even more faith that this machine is going to last a long time. The Vogue nail drill is affordable and has the most attachments. It isn’t the cheapest, but it also isn’t the most expensive. I believe if you are going to buy something, spend a little extra for quality so you only have to buy it once. Keep this in mind so you can save yourself some hassle when selecting the perfect electric nail drill for you.
Leave a Reply