An ecological and economical alternative, solid shampoo is at the heart of the current trend. Many people do not hesitate to discover this revolution that purifies and strengthens the hair. And to choose it well, customers refer to the nature of their mane. They also distinguish them according to their virtues and their aromas. Thus, the organic and therefore toxicity-free certification of NAE 2555132 can already convince you. It is a product that contains organic rice extract to provide more flexibility and a light fragrance for more softness. Le Secrets De Provence My solid shampoo appeals to its large size. Available in 85 g bread and also economical, it can be used over several months.
The 9 Best Solid Shampoos (Reviews & Tests) of 2021
1. NAE Certified Organic Solid Shampoo
This product is a perfect alternative to traditional shampoos. Recommended for regular mugs, it is suitable for daily use. It is available in 85 g, which is the equivalent of 2 bottles of 250 ml. For this amount, you can count between 30 to 50 washes. However, this depends on the length and thickness of the hair. In addition, the water concentration is reduced, i.e., by only 10%.
It meets the requirements of all those concerned with the preservation of the environment. Indeed, it holds the “Organic” certification from EcoCert. It is made up mostly of natural ingredients. This is the case for organic rice extract, which promotes flexibility, shine and softness of the hair. In addition, the brand uses an organic lavender sample which provides a pleasant scent. In addition, you should know that this plant has soothing virtues.
One perk of switching back to this solid shampoo is that it foams a bit, and everything evaporates quickly. When using, you must first moisten it and apply it to wet hair. Then it is necessary to massage to bring out the foam. In the end, it suffices to rinse thoroughly. Plus, it’s light and compact enough to make it easy to carry on the go.
- Reliable product: This solid shampoo is made with a vegan formula and natural ingredients. It does not contain any toxic substances that could be dangerous for you and the planet. In addition, it is packaged in a recyclable cardboard box that is FSC certified.
- Immediate effectiveness: From the first application, you will notice that the hair is much more flexible and shiny than conventional shampoos. This product also provides the advantage of detangling your hairstyle.
- Full action: This product is also top-rated since it does not weigh down without giving too much volume. Moreover, it can remove dandruff even if you have had it for a long time.
- Unsuitable: This solid shampoo has no desired effect on users who complain of itching after each application.
2. Secrets De Provence My solid shampoo
Ideal for colored hair, this element gives them the necessary care to keep them in good health. Indeed, the dye and its products damage the hair fibres and can cause some concerns in the scalp.
To this end, they need treatments that get them back in shape and do not further offend their nature. This is what we are going to find with this line of the best brand of solid shampoos, according to many people.
Rich in shea butter and argan oil, this combination is a true mine of well-being for the mane. It intensely nourishes and cares for fibres weakened by coloring. In 85 g bread, the product is economical. It lasts for a few months. It is also easy to apply. Thus, it is readily recommended to anyone who needs to know where to buy the best solid shampoo.
- For colored hair: It allows to revitalize the hair damaged by the coloring. It repairs them in-depth and also reduces their fragility by providing them with a concentrate of vitamins.
- Lasts for a while: With an 85 g bar, you don’t have to stock up on shampoo for a long time. The soap can be used for a few months.
- Sold without accessories: Unlike some brands with tempting offers, this one did not add conditioner or body soap to its product.
3. Lamazuna shampoo 55 g
Whether you are already used to using solid shampoo or are planning to give it a try, this product from Lamazuna may be right for you. Recommended for normal hair, it is made entirely from natural and vegan substances. So here you have an ecological shampoo that is manufactured with total respect for the environment.
This is made with the essential oil of wild pine, therefore it is delicately scented with this type of wood. Since it does not contain any toxic substance, it is therefore respectful of your hair. Unlike other shampoos containing chemical ingredients, its use is much more reliable. That’s not all, since it also does not cause negative effects such as itching or dryness of the hair.
Thanks to its effective power, this shampoo guarantees better washing of your hair. That’s not all since it ensures good hydration so that they remain shiny and silky. While you are using it, you will notice that there is not much foam, it is the absence of sulfate which explains this situation. Anyway, it greases your hairstyle much less quickly than with other products.
- Safe to use: Appreciated for its manufacturing reliability, this solid shampoo is handmade in France. It mainly contains ingredients of natural origin that have no negative effects.
- Durable: More economical than the liquid substances you use, this one corresponds to just two bottles of liquid shampoo. Hence, it lasts much longer to limit the expense.
- Easy to use: Apply this product to wet hair until there is foam. Then you can go through and rinse off as usual. Also, its format is convenient for transport.
- Perfume: The smell of this shampoo is not really to the taste of some buyers. Although not very unpleasant, it is also not very common to smell the pine in your hair.
4. Pachamamai Cad.Hom Solid Shampoo 4 in 1
In search of an innovative and particularly ecological product, we advise you to turn to this model offered by the Pachamamai brand. It is ideal for men who like to take care of themselves. The use of this small-size shampoo is recommended for travel, vacations, and stays with relatives.
All its components are natural. Rice milk deeply hydrates the skin. Mustard oil invigorates the mop and serves as an anti-hair loss treatment. Vegetable charcoal helps to purify and cleanse facial imperfections. In many ways, the device turns out to be versatile and is suitable for the face, body and hair.
Its use remains simple. Just lather it between your hands and then apply it to the skin. It is also used for shaving. Handcrafted and fully biodegradable, the product has no harmful effects on the environment. After running out of it, you either reload the box or turn it into something else useful. In addition, it is not expensive.
- Versatile: This is a 4 in 1 soap. This small block contains essential care for treating and washing the hair, for nourishing and protecting the skin, and above all, for making shaving easier. It is suitable for men.
- Ideal for travel: With its format and waterproof box, expert advice encourages us to turn to this device during our travels. Compact, efficient, and above all versatile, it provides primary care essential to our well-being.
- Small size: Its format remains a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it increases the practicality of the element. On the other hand, you run out of this product after a few days in case of daily use.
5. Rive Droite La Savonnerie Organic Solid Shampoo
It is not common to come across a cheaper item like this but also based on Shikakai powder and Patchouli essential oil. It contains many advantages to employment. The specimen conditions hair and gives it shine while strengthening it in depth. It also prevents the appearance of dandruff by promoting a natural rebalancing of the scalp.
The softness it enjoys comes from its 100% natural components. Apart from the two ingredients mentioned above, the soap also concentrates shea and coconut butter, sesame, and castor oil to boost the hair’s hydration. In addition, we are dealing with a product of artisanal origin. It was designed by hand by cold saponification.
It does not contain parabens or preservatives and even less silicone or chemicals. The shampoo smells of patchouli, the main ingredient often found in high-end perfumery. Thus, there is no more hesitation on which solid shampoo to choose.
- Affordable and economical: Comparing it to its pairs, we can see that this item has an unbeatable price. One 70g bar is equivalent to two bottles of liquid shampoo. Thus, we also limit our expenses.
- 100% organic: The manufacturer favors the natural. The components of this shampoo come from organic farming.
- Excellent packaging: Its packaging gives more charm to the whole.
- Dries the ends: After testing, a client reports that his hair was relatively coarse after washing with shampoo.
6. Nature and Aromas Organic Solid Shampoo without Surfactants
Once again, the manufacturer has tapped into the unstoppable resources of jojoba and castor oil. These two components improve the quality of the hair. They are at the origin of the natural rebalancing of sebum production. This helps limit the appearance of dandruff. The scalp stays fresh and purified from the roots. Therefore, regrowth is activated. This Nature and Aromas also strengthen the stems and sheaths at best. This stops hair loss.
This is suitable for all hair types. Thus, man or woman, all members of the family can benefit from its many virtues. This shampoo contains zero chemical surfactants and consists mainly of natural elements.
Biodegradable, it leaves no harmful impact on the environment. Moreover, its manufacturing method is artisanal and French. The brand prioritizes the cold saponification procedure. The accessory answers the question of which is the best solid shampoo on the market.
- Ideal for all hair types: Castor and jojoba oil revitalize the mane and make it stronger and more resistant to pollution and external aggressions.
- Good value for money: This 95 g bread remains affordable. We benefit from a large quantity of soap at a reasonable price.
- Difficult to remove: It seems that soap residue remains stored in the middle of the hair rods, even if they are rinsed repeatedly. This is caused by the too soft consistency of the cosmetic.
7. S&B Solid Shampoo Roll
Seduced by the countless advantages of this revolutionary product, we end up swapping our usual liquid soap for this solid shampoo. This trend is affecting more and more men and women. It is a zero-waste product. It does not have plastic packaging, which pollutes the environment. It is also economical because a dose of 90 g is equivalent to two cans of traditional shampoo. Also, the method of application of the product makes it possible to limit wastage.
Its pebble or rounded shape enhances its contact with the scalp and hands. You feel more comfortable applying it rather than a piece with 4 protruding corners. In addition, it pleasantly perfumes the hair with an exotic scent.
In addition, the formula is 100% natural. It does not contain any chemical substance or preservative. It is suitable for all hair types. Compact, it does not take up space, whether in the bathroom or in toiletry bags when traveling. The price comparison class classifies this model among the examples not to be missed with these multiple properties.
- Effective: As the formula is based on natural ingredients and very soft, its use is recommended for dry hair and is damaged by pollution. It provides the necessary to revitalize, repair, and nourish them.
- Compact: The size of the item is one of its main strengths. It thus becomes the ideal traveling companion for those who travel a lot. Since it takes up no space, it fits easily among your other things.
- Protect from moisture: After use, put it in a small container where it can dry. It loses its solidity if left lying around here and there.
8. Douce Nature flower organic anti-dandruff shampoo
Making the wrong choice when purchasing this type of product can cause harm to our scalp and the nature of the hair. So when it comes to where to buy new solid shampoo, you don’t just focus on the brand name. We also take into consideration the components that complete the formula giving this fully organic anti-dandruff.
From its first use, it manages to relieve the itching in the area. Most prefer to rub it between hands to obtain lather because its hollow in the middle makes it difficult to apply it directly to the head.
This does not take away from its playful and attractive appearance. Thanks to this, children get to know more quickly with this new treatment which cleanses and purifies. In addition to all this, a delicate fragrance emanates from it.
- Works well: The formula was designed to overcome dandruff problems. It acts from the scalp to best treat the concerns resulting from the appearance of these dead skin.
- Practical: With its small size, the accessory fits easily into our travel kits. We no longer have to carry large bottles of shampoo. This version does the trick.
- Not For All: Some customers report that the device tends to dry out their hair.
9. Shea Moisture Shea Coconut Moisturizing Shampoo
This model is reflected as the most efficient of its range. It contains multiple virtues which correspond to the essential criteria of a high-end product. Its features answer the question of how to choose the best solid shampoos of 2021.
Indeed, the formula is designed from hibiscus, coconut, and a touch of Rhassoul clay. This rich and nourishing blend is a cutting-edge hair treatment. It acts from the root to promote regrowth and bring vitality to the whole. The shea contained in the soap becomes essential for the well-being of the mop. This mixture makes the hair soft, thick, and particularly healthy.
In addition, this type of cosmetic is also suitable for the body. It moisturizes the epidermis and gives it optimal care against dryness. All these properties earn their place in the comparison.
- Versatile: The product is suitable for hair and skin. It treats dry skin tissue and nourishes it deeply. It acts in the same way on the mane by making it reborn, strengthens the root, and softens the whole.
- Restores volume: Thanks to its active elements, the shampoo naturally curls the hair and densifies them for those who want to obtain such results without going through the straightener-curler.
- Challenging to rinse: Because of its moisturizing components, soap leaves many residencies in the hair shafts. Rinsing then becomes complex.
Enormous space saving in the toiletry bag, an ecological product with zero waste, economical,…these multiple advantages push people to turn more to solid shampoo. Only, you have to be careful when buying it. It is essential to see if it can adapt to the nature of his hair. So, in order not to be mistaken, do not hesitate to address the following points.
Essential or vegetable oils suitable for each mane
The consequences of a bad choice of product can hurt the quality of the hair. Thus, it is essential to determine the care adapted to our current needs before setting your sights on a particular specimen. Indeed, not everyone is exposed to the same hair problems. At first, you may have dandruff problems. After treatment, several cases ended up with dry hair. Thus, it remains essential to find the right therapy for each ailment. Then learn which oil corresponds to which type of hair.
- Dull, brittle, and split hair: Hair loses its vitality and shine. Little by little, they break at the slightest passages of the brush. And forks are popping up everywhere. The solution is found with solid shampoos rich in ylang-ylang essential oil. These plants contain moisturizing, fortifying, and regenerating properties for the greater good of all heads, such as coconut, avocado, sweet almond, Camellia, and grape seed oils. Also, opt for Atlas cedar, lavender, or rosemary for their ability to repair and nourish stems from the root.
- Oily hair: Once again, you have to go for the right ingredients. Atlas Cedar acts in-depth to break down fatty substances that bind to each fibre. Grapefruit also helps to purify the area. Clary sage is also found to be effective. In addition, to treat the original ailment, that is to say, the capillary imbalance caused by excess sebum, one can turn to jojoba oil. Amla powder is also suitable. Lemon is added to it. This helps to purify and revive the mop.
- Normal hair that lacks volume: Girls victims of this problem can opt for Rassoul and Shikakai-based pebbles.
- For more curl: Frizzy and curly hair should use jojoba oil to improve the quality of their curls. Broccoli oil can also lead to this rendering. Castor, coconut, rosewood, and Ylang Ylang products will also do the trick.
- Against fragile stems and hair loss: Nettle, argan, Atlas Cedar, castor, Amla, jojoba, and rosemary are the main ingredients not to be missed in this specific case. They provide the necessary care to treat the hair.
This cosmetic is usually obtained from Ayurvedic plants, clay, or vegetable oil. Some of them have surfactants. The latter can cause damage to the hair if you are not careful to choose it. Thus, it is better to favor surfactants such as Sodium coco sulfate (SCS), Coco-Glucoside, or Lauryl Glucosil instead of products such as Sodium Laureth Sulfate or Ammonium Lauryl sulfate.
These attack the scalp as well as the skin. They are also harmful to the environment. This buying guide to the best solid shampoos is here to warn you and help you in your search.
Choose the place of purchase
This flagship cosmetic of the moment consists mainly of essential oil. Designed by artisans and from natural ingredients, it is easily found in organic stores online or physically. By refuelling in the heart of these places, we are sure not to miss the article. Indeed, some devices that contain chemical substances are sold to large retailers.
So, if you decide to source from this market, don’t hesitate to take a close look at the ingredients that make up the pebble. In addition, the last alternative is also open to all: that homemade solid shampoo for oily hair.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to use solid shampoo?
Just rub the pebble on your hands. We wet it beforehand to get it to foam. Then, it is applied directly to the head and rubbed. Leave on for a few seconds or minutes. And we rinse thoroughly. Some products leave some residue lying around the middle of the stems. To remove them effectively, we add drops of apple cider vinegar to the rinse water.
How do I store my solid shampoo?
As the shampoo is shaped by hand, and it does not have a preservative, always remember to keep it away from moisture when you are not washing with it. It quickly loses its solid consistency if left lying around in water. To preserve it as well as possible, we classify it in a plastic box and store it in a corner of the bathroom. Just store it in a place where it can dry out. Thus, the shampoo keeps its structure and firmness for many months.
How to transport solid shampoo?
You can leave it in its original cardboard packaging, but it tears and is consumed little by little over time. Then opt for a plastic box. A closing soap dish is suitable for those who travel a lot. It thus protects the roller and prevents it from rubbing against other cosmetics in the toiletry bag. In addition, it is better to dry it as much as possible before putting it in a bag.
Which essential oil for solid shampoo?
This type of soap mainly contains Ayurvedic plant extracts; we can find a long list of essential oils inside each pebble. An article consists of at least two to three mixtures of ingredients. To name the most popular, we have jojoba oil, castor, sweet almond, Atlas Cedar, Ylang-ylang, avocado, Rassoul, Shikakai, rosemary, lavender, or even the coconut.
Only, we choose according to the nature of his hair and his ailments. Some products are more suitable for natural curls; others can smooth or fight against dandruff. It’s up to everyone to choose the oil that can best treat their hair problems.
How long does a solid shampoo last?
On a general average, one 85g bar is equivalent to two cans of liquid shampoo. A roller can be used for several weeks, or months depending on the intensity of the treatment and the mode of conservation of the soap. If it is not exposed to moisture and splashing water, it retains its strength. Otherwise, it becomes all limp and unusable. Usually, the whole family can wash their hair several times before finishing an 85g bun.