When our hair looks and feels good, we do too. Choosing the right shampoo helps our hair to look its best and is also important to the health of our hair. We need to make sure the shampoo we buy is going to leave us with tangle-free, strong glossy locks. Choosing one of the best sulfate free shampoo can help.
10 Best Sulfate Free Shampoo in 2022 Review
In recent years, many consumers have become more health conscious, and this drives their purchases. They are not only more aware of what products they put in their bodies, but also the things that they put on themselves as well. And this certainly applies to products that they use on their hair and scalp. People are looking for safer ways to maintain the health of their hair. As a result, sulfate free shampoo products are becoming the formula many people are choosing.
1. Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Moisturizing Lather Shampoo
One of the best sulfate free shampoo, This is one of the newer products on the market. It has a gentle hydrating formula that won’t fade the pigmentation of your hair. It is color-safe and doesn’t strip the natural oils from the hair. This means you can use it daily.
The use of awapuhi helps to balance moisture and repair and protect dry brittle strands. This will leave you with healthy-looking, manageable and shiny hair.
It is one of the more expensive shampoos on the list. But with its gentle formula and its amazing smell, it is definitely worth the price.
- Produced with the highest grade materials
- Satisfaction Ensured
- Excellent Quality, Great Gift Idea
- Not suitable for oily hair
2. Brazilian Radiance Miracle Shampoo
This shampoo is not only sulfate-free, but it is also vegan-friendly and suitable for all hair types. It’s made from natural ingredients, including some superfruits: Acai, Buriti and Cupuacu.
This shampoo is rich in vitamins and antioxidants too. It will provide intense hydration and soften the hair, helping to bring back the natural shine. The ingredients will help protect from UV damage, prolong the life of color treatment, prevent split ends and give you great frizz control.
As it contains Buriti oil, this shampoo will provide great benefits for the health of the scalp, due to its anti-inflammatory effects.
It comes with a gorgeous citrus and lemongrass scent to awaken the senses.
- LOOK YOUR BEST – Imagine hair that feels thicker, fuller, stays smooth and feels radiant. Enjoy younger looking hair…
- SALON QUALITY – Our professional products smell like pure sunlight and are safe for Brazilian blowout, Keratin…
- ANCIENT BRAZILIAN SECRETS – Acai, Buruti and Cupuacu combine for 2X the moisturizing power of shea butter. They…
- Not suitable for oily hair
3. Buena Skin Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
As the name suggest this shampoo contains Moroccan Argan oil, but that’s not all. It also contains jojoba, almond and coconut oils, camellia seed and botanical keratin. These are natural ingredients which are great for volume and moisture.
This is a great choice for curly and color-treated hair. It will soften and moisturize the hair, leaving it bouncy and shiny, with a great healthy glow. As it has a gentle formula, it can be used to wash your hair daily and won’t strip it of essential oils.
Kind and gentle to the scalp, it will prevent and soothe any dry, itchy or irritated areas, as it’s rich in proteins and vitamin
- DAILY SPA TREATMENT FOR YOUR HAIR – This argan shampoo contains Moroccan Argan Oil for volumizing and moisturizing the…
- REVITALIZING ESSENTIAL OIL SHAMPOO – Restore and rejuvenate your hair with an exclusive blend of beneficial oils and…
- THE ESSENCE OF YOU – You need a moisturizing shampoo that’s gentle and effective without stripping color. That’s why…
- Hard to work into a good lather and bottle is hard to squeeze shampoo out of
4. Maple Holistics Anti-Dandruff Sage Shampoo
Anti-dandruff shampoos tend to be harsh on the hair. This one is made from sage tea, rosemary ct verbenone, tea tree oil and spikenard. This means you will get a natural treatment that is chemical free and kinder to the hair.
Sage is a natural astringent which can help reduce dandruff and unclog hair follicles. It will also work to minimize hair loss and provides great shine to the hair. Rosemary ct verbenone is great for treating the scalp as it contains less camphor. This makes it safer to use in a topical application. It has the power to stimulate the renewal of hair follicles and promotes improved circulation.
Spikenard will help to restore pigmentation and its natural properties will help combat dandruff. Other ingredients in this shampoo are jojoba, peach kernel and botanical keratin. These are all ingredients which help to maintain ideal moisture in the hair.
With such great ingredients, the aroma is sensuous, and the price is reasonable.
- Thin Hair Shampoo – Try our popular thinning hair shampoo with sage essential oil that can help boost your locks for…
- Dry Scalp Shampoo – Besides working as a hair thinning shampoo for thinning hair and fine hair our cleansing shampoo for…
- Greasy Hair Shampoo – Deeply cleanse your hair with our clarifying shampoo for oily hair and scalp cleanser for build up…
- May cause dry scalp and flaking
5. Carol’s Daughter Rhassoul Clay Shampoo
Another one of the best sulfate free shampoo, this is ideal for overworked and over-washed hair. The main ingredient is Moroccan Rhassoul clay. Other ingredients are aloe and cactus flower.
These ingredients help to draw out sweat and impurities that have built up. It will provide great cleansing without stripping the essential oils that your hair needs. Your hair will be left soft and shiny with better manageability. It is safe for daily use, to help ease some of those stresses life can bring.
- GENTLE CLEANSING: Take care of overworked and overwashed hair with this balancing cleanser, made to gently draw out…
- CLARIFY OVERWORKED HAIR: Carol’s Daughter Rhassoul Clay Sulfate-Free Shampoo, Enriching Conditioner, and Softening Hair…
- RHASSOUL CLAY FOR NATURALLY CURLY HAIR: Created for naturally curly hair, from the short-cropped 4c curly hairstyle to…
- Blended with Moroccan Rhassoul Clay, Aloe Juice and Cactus Flowerwer
- Not great on cultural diversity hair
6. TotLogic Shampoo
Although designed for babies and kids, this shampoo can be used by people of all ages. It’s a plant-based formula that is free of sulfates and designed to be gentle on the hair and scalp. It is ideal for all hair types and is safe for use on delicate skin.
This shampoo is made from a gentle formula which provides moisture to the hair and scalp, and won’t strip the hair of the essential oils it needs. It also rinses away cleanly, unlike other shampoos which can leave a residue behind. This shampoo leaves you with shinier, healthy-looking hair.
It has a beautiful scent of lavender, chamomile, and bergamot, and is reasonably priced.
- A GENTLE PLANT BASED SULFATE & PHTHALATE FREE SHAMPOO: Baby safe shampoo gently cleanses hair and scalp
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS: No Sulfates, No Formaldeyhyde, Phthalates, Parabens, Dioxane 1-4, SLS, SLES, MEA, DEA, TEA,…
- RICH IN ANTIOXIDANTS AND NOURISHING BOTANICALS: Infused with natural Jojoba, Bergamot, Lavender, Calendula, Chamomile,…
- Not so great for color-treated hair
7. Aveeno Pure Renewal Shampoo
This is a sulfate-free shampoo that contains seaweed extract. It will provide balance and moisture in the hair, leaving you with a healthy shine, weightless softness and great manageability.
The unique cleansing abilities of the shampoo will help restore and preserve moisture levels. It renews the hair and returns it to its natural state. The seaweed extract used in the formula will not strip the hair of natural oils. This means there is no risk of your hair becoming dry with its use.
It has a beautiful aroma and is suitable for all hair types, including color-treated hair.
- 10.5-fluid ounce bottle of Aveeno Pure Renewal sulfate-free shampoo to help effectively remove impurities while…
- Moisturizing shampoo is designed for all hair types and will help renew your hair to look healthy and rebalance hair’s…
- Aveeno Pure Renewal Shampoo contains naturally derived cleansers and sulfate-free formula to help lift away impurities…
- Limited availability
8. OGX Tea Tree & Mint Shampoo
The whole range of OGX shampoos are sulfate-free, but I chose this one in particular for its minty tingle and hydrating effects.
The formula is infused with peppermint, tea tree oil, and witch hazel, giving you a burst of freshness and mint. It is designed to give deep cleansing without stripping those essential oils, leaving your hair looking shiny, fresh and healthy. Not only does it have benefits for your hair, but it also works to refresh and heal the scalp too.
With the tingle of mint and the fresh aroma, we couldn’t resist it, even though it’s a little on the expensive side.
- HELP HYDRATE & NOURISH YOUR HAIR with our shampoo for damaged, oily, & frizzy hair that needs extra moisturizing &…
- NOURISH & DETANGLE: OGX’s Tea Tree Mint formula is for straight hair, curly hair, thick hair, thin hair. Gentle enough…
- BEAUTY PURE AND SIMPLE: OGX hair care products are inspired by nature. We don’t try to make hair look “perfect”…
- Mild smell
Why Use a Sulfate Free Shampoo?
Hairstylists all over the world are now advocating the use of the best sulfate free shampoo. Apparently, we’ve been washing our hair with the wrong products for most of our lives.
People have been concerned for many years by the number of chemicals contained in shampoos. It’s not surprising to learn that there is now a growing concern about sulfates as well.
Sulfates are used in many products, such as toothpaste, floor cleaners, and face cleansers. It’s not just our shampoo that contains them. You may be surprised how many of our beauty and household products contain sulfates. Check some labels and see for yourself.
Sulfates are commonly added to products as cleansing agents. This is because they can help remove grease. This is why they have been included among the key ingredients of shampoo for so long. Sulfates can help to eliminate the buildup of grease in hair and on the scalp, that makes your hair appear oily.
Sulfates also give shampoos a richer appearance. The wonderful creamy, soapy lather you get when washing your hair is due to sulfate. If you make the switch to a sulfate free shampoo, you will probably notice a decrease in the amount of lather. This does not mean it is any less cleansing. In fact, many argue that your hair gets cleaner, even though there are fewer suds.
Shampoos and other products containing sulfate are generally safe to use for most people. However, many consumers are now looking for natural products, free from sulfates and other chemicals. For some people, sulfate-free shampoos actually include health benefits too.
The best sulfate free shampoo can help those who suffer from sensitive skin conditions, such as eczema. For these people, sulfates can cause irritation. Sulfates are not only an irritant to the skin but the eyes too.
Have you had ever been rinsing out your hair and gotten shampoo in your eyes, making them sting? This is caused by sulfates. Another disadvantage to sulfates in shampoo is that they can dry out the hair. You may not get the soft and shiny bouncy appearance you want.
Some have also voiced concerns over links to cancer with the use of sulfates, but this has not been proven.
Choose the Best Sulfate Free Shampoo for Your hair
If you are opting for a sulfate-free shampoo, you need to make sure you choose the right formula to suit your hair. To get the best results from the shampoo, considering your hair type is important.
When choosing skin care products, we buy ones that suit our skin type; buying a shampoo should be no different. We all have different hair and we all have specific areas we want to target when treating our hair. Buying the right product for our individual needs is important.
Manufacturers have listened to their consumers and are now producing a wide range of sulfate-free shampoos. There are now so many available, that choosing the right one can be difficult. To make it easier for you to decide, here is our list of the top 10 sulfate-free shampoos.
Every day we are exposed to chemicals and pollution in the environment. People are now fighting back to help reduce these risks. They are harmful to not only the environment but to our bodies and our health.
People are looking for alternative and more natural products which contain fewer chemicals. Consumers want more control over what they expose their bodies to. Hair is one area of concern, and shampoo companies have realized this. That is why they have created some of the best sulfate free shampoo products to give the buyers what they want.
We all like our hair to look good, with great shine and bounce, and body that is soft to touch. We also want to use something which is kind and gentle to our hair. We don’t want to keep using chemicals. We’re looking for natural products which have better health benefits but still require the same quality of hair care.
This is our pick of the best sulfate free shampoo for 2018, and customers are rating them highly. Sulfate-free shampoos are kinder and gentler to the hair while giving you the look and feel you want.