Burns, pimples, scar … you can hide almost everything with corrective makeup. Tips to camouflage vitiligo, rosacea, or any skin defect and regain luminous skin.
Living with a skin condition (rosacea for example), a very visible scar, or any other skin disease, has negative repercussions on the emotional, professional and social quality of life of patients.
Can we cover everything up with corrective makeup?
What is corrective makeup based on?
- Green is used to hide the red of rosacea, psoriasis or a recent scar .
- The yellow neutralizes the purple of bruises, varicose veins or bluish circles .
- Beige masks light brown and the shadows of dark circles, but also pigment spots …
- To smooth the skin relief (especially in case of scales), apply a moisturizing make-up base (not too greasy).
- Take green corrector with the tip of your fingertip and pat the area until the lesion turns gray. If green appears, there is too much product.
- Layer a foundation by applying light pressure, without rubbing, to avoid moving the concealer. Opt for a shade based on yellow pigments (honey, natural …) rather than pink which would only accentuate your rosacea. A hint of transparent powder fixes and absorbs sebum (to be avoided if you have dry skin), a mist of thermal water prolongs its hold.
- Apply a self-tanner to white spots every night for a week.
- Use a lip brush and wipe the edges (with the tip of a cotton swab).
- Thereafter, an application of self-tanner every two nights is sufficient.
- In the morning, apply a compact foundation by patting it on.
Which foundation to choose to hide a skin defect?
Can we play sports or bathe with these makeup products?
How long does it take to put on makeup?
Our selection of corrective makeup products
- Compact complexion cream, Avène, pharmacy areas: the “comfort” texture reserved for dry skin leaves a creamy and silky finish; thanks to its SPF 30, it also protects against UV rays.
- Dermablend Ultra-Correcteur Teint Stick, Vichy, 4 shades, pharmacy areas: a quick and easy corrective action; a supple and stretchy texture and a 14-hour hold …
- Stick Corrector green or green / beige duo, Avène, pharmacy areas: birthmark, rosacea, irritations, post-laser redness, recent scar.
- Tolériane, fluid corrective foundation (6 shades), La Roche Posay, pharmacies areas: corrects all imperfections and unifies the complexion: a non-greasy emulsion, SPF 20.
- Beyond Perfecting Powder + corrector foundation, Clinique, in perfumeries: a safe bet to hide skin defects without smothering the complexion.
- Blemish Remedy Mineral Foundation, Bare Minerals, in Perfumeries: A mineral foundation that reduces the appearance of redness and blemishes.