Burns, pimples, scar … you can hide almost everything with corrective makeup. Tips to camouflage vitiligo, rosacea, or any skin defect and regain luminous skin.
Living with a skin condition (rosacea for example), a very visible scar, or any other skin disease, has negative repercussions on the emotional, professional and social quality of life of patients.
What is corrective makeup based on?
- Green is used to hide the red of rosacea, psoriasis or a recent scar .
- The yellow neutralizes the purple of bruises, varicose veins or bluish circles .
- Beige masks light brown and the shadows of dark circles, but also pigment spots …
- To smooth the skin relief (especially in case of scales), apply a moisturizing make-up base (not too greasy).
- Take green corrector with the tip of your fingertip and pat the area until the lesion turns gray. If green appears, there is too much product.
- Layer a foundation by applying light pressure, without rubbing, to avoid moving the concealer. Opt for a shade based on yellow pigments (honey, natural …) rather than pink which would only accentuate your rosacea. A hint of transparent powder fixes and absorbs sebum (to be avoided if you have dry skin), a mist of thermal water prolongs its hold.
- Apply a self-tanner to white spots every night for a week.
- Use a lip brush and wipe the edges (with the tip of a cotton swab).
- Thereafter, an application of self-tanner every two nights is sufficient.
- In the morning, apply a compact foundation by patting it on.
Which foundation to choose to hide a skin defect?
Can we play sports or bathe with these makeup products?
How long does it take to put on makeup?
Our selection of corrective makeup products
- Compact complexion cream, Avène, pharmacy areas: the “comfort” texture reserved for dry skin leaves a creamy and silky finish; thanks to its SPF 30, it also protects against UV rays.
- Dermablend Ultra-Correcteur Teint Stick, Vichy, 4 shades, pharmacy areas: a quick and easy corrective action; a supple and stretchy texture and a 14-hour hold …
- Stick Corrector green or green / beige duo, Avène, pharmacy areas: birthmark, rosacea, irritations, post-laser redness, recent scar.
- Tolériane, fluid corrective foundation (6 shades), La Roche Posay, pharmacies areas: corrects all imperfections and unifies the complexion: a non-greasy emulsion, SPF 20.
- Beyond Perfecting Powder + corrector foundation, Clinique, in perfumeries: a safe bet to hide skin defects without smothering the complexion.
- Blemish Remedy Mineral Foundation, Bare Minerals, in Perfumeries: A mineral foundation that reduces the appearance of redness and blemishes.