Everyone envies you your beautiful curls as you despair that you can’t tame them easily. Enhance your textured hair by following the pro tips. Shampoo, care, styling, products. We tell you everything.
Yes, of course, the curls require special attention to show themselves in their best light, but what a panache once the volume is mastered and these beautiful spirals highlighted! Here is how to have beautiful curly hair.
What routine for curly hair?
And precisely to highlight your curly hair, this will first of all be at the level of maintenance and care. A little daily attention will allow you to proudly sport shapely, non-sparkling curls that you wouldn’t trade for straight hair for anything. Follow the steps :
- Shampoo, ideally once a week to avoid drying out the particularly fragile hair fibre (due to its specific shape) of your hair. You will also opt for a mild ultra-hydrating shampoo.
- The conditioner, perfect for detangling curls without breaking them. It is applied on the lengths.
- The mask . Do not skip this essential step to deeply nourish your waves. Take advantage of this moment to comb the lengths with a comb with large teeth to untangle them without breaking them.
- Drying. It will be done gently with a cotton towel to avoid frizz.
- Styling: on damp hair, apply a leave-in treatment – to choose more or less rich depending on your type of curl – to keep your hair strong and hydrated. Then apply styling jelly to fully define curls, then finish with two or three drops of serum to lock in moisture and prevent frizz. Roughly recreate curls by wiggling a few strands around your fingers and let air dry. In the morning, repeat this routine, moistening your hair with a spray bottle. Can’t do without the hairdryer? Use it quickly with a diffuser and on low temperature by crumpling ( scrunching)your lengths. If necessary, harmonize the whole by resuming a few curls using a heating iron.
What haircut for curly hair?
To know which cut will highlight your curls the most, you must first take into account your hair type. If they are thick with a lot of volumes, it is recommended to degrade the lengths slightly to tame the hair. On the contrary, fine, curly hair will avoid this degradation which would reinforce the sparkling effect which is already complicated to control. In all cases, your hairdresser will have to carry out a cut on dry hair., to properly assess the movement of each wick and the different volumes. Also, keep in mind that shortcuts will obviously require a lot more maintenance on a daily basis for curly and frizzy hair. The same goes for the bangs, which should be avoided on fine hair and kept long enough to facilitate the hairstyle. On the coloring side, you can bet on a balayage that will sublimate your curls by playing on the depth. Avoid discolourations as much as possible, which could permanently damage your hair. If coloring is essential, give preference to vegetable colors.
What is the best product to have beautiful curls?
To have supple, plump and shiny curls, it is imperative to provide them with water and nutrients. To hydrate them , opt for products containing moisturizing agents (water, aloe vera, hyaluronic acid, vegetable glycerin, etc.) then nourish them with oils (mustard, jojoba, castor oil, etc.), protein treatments, or based on keratin. This is the key to keeping curls defined and full of vitality.
What hairstyle with my curly hair?
Now that you have mastered that beautiful volume and those magnificent curls that so many others envy you, dare to put them forward with pretty hairstyles! Because yes, curly to frizzy hair can afford any fantasy: braids or a loose bun for a bohemian and romantic look, a ponytail with locks and frizz under control thanks to clips, half-tail to show off your lengths… Treat yourself! And if your curls seem too tight, you can always choose to relax them with curlers which will give you a very trendy wavy.
Thanks to Kimbeley, Head of hairdressing at BARABOUCLE salons.