From ancient Egypt, in order to preserve the vitality of their hair, women coated them with olive oil flavoured with plants and balm made from crocodile fat, recipes prized by Nefertiti. Cleopatra swore by masks with sesame, flaxseed and essential oil of myrrh to strengthen her scalp and mane. The application of a hair mask is a ritual that has crossed the ages and for good reason, it is the promise of silky hair, a symbol of femininity and sensuality.
- Coconut oil,
- Avocado oil,
- Argan Oil,
- Shea oil,
Mission boost and discipline
Hair mask: good manufacturing reflexes
If they are oil-based recipes, they can be kept as long as you add vitamin E so that they do not go rancid and they are stored in amber glass jars “, indicates Pauline Boue- Grabot, a chemist at Soin de Soi.
Three homemade hair mask recipes
Intense nutrition treatment with peppermint
- 2 tbsp. to s. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. to s. jojoba oil
- 5 drops of peppermint essential oil (ET)
- In a bowl, mix the 3 ingredients to obtain a very homogeneous preparation which is transferred to a pot.
- The treatment is applied to the lengths of the hair, strand by strand.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and blow hot air from a hairdryer on it, then leave it on for 15 minutes.
- We take off the shower cap and wash the hair.
Special white hair mask
- 1 C. to s. German chamomile hydrosol
- 1 C. to s. vodka
- 1 C. to c. glycerin
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 C. to s. argan-oil
- 2 tbsp. to s. liquid honey
- 2 drops of EO of German chamomile
- In a bowl, pour argan oil, liquid honey and glycerin, using a mini-whisk, mix everything.
- Add the egg yolk, mix again.
- Add the vodka, hydrosol and essential oil of chamomile, whisk vigorously to obtain a very liquid paste.
- With a brush, apply to the lengths, leave for 15 min and rinse.
Our expert’s advice:
Chamomile is great for preventing yellowing and reviving white or blonde hair. Vodka has a brilliant action, it is better to bet on apple cider vinegar to close the scales. Egg yolk is rich in proteins, minerals, vitamins, a good combo to repair the hair fiber.
Argan oil has the advantage of being very nourishing. Honey regenerates and illuminates the hair. Apply once a week.
Purifying and balancing hair mask
- 2 tbsp. to s. green clay powder
- 2 tbsp. to s. neutral henna powder
- 1 C. to s. orange peel powder
- 1/2 cup sage tea
- 3 drops of grapefruit EO
- We start by preparing the sage infusion.
- In a bowl, place the powders of green clay, neutral henna and orange peel. We pour the infusion of warm sage while mixing to obtain a creamy consistency.
- Add grapefruit essential oil and mix again.
- Apply to damp hair, from roots to ends. We go up the lengths on the skull and we wrap the head with a towel. Leave on for 20 min and rinse with lukewarm water.